LegacyGT.com

Summer Only Tire Recommendations

emlevins

OK, Guys. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a tire upgrade (am doing JDM RSB at the same time and may do AP shortly thereafter). Been debating All-Seasons vs. Summer/Winter tires. If I go AS, I know folks recommend the Pirellis and Toyos (though I put Contis on my wife's 02 Legacy L and they are terrific).

However, even though I live in the NE, I am hungry to test the performance capabilities of the LGT and am leaning toward getting both summer and winter tires.

What summer tires have folks put on their LGTs?

I've checked Tirerack.com and the ratings and am thinking of trying the Eagle F1 GS-D3s. I haven't had Goodyears since running GT+4s on my Eagle Talon Tsi AWDs (which by the way, I loved....car and tires!).

I do not take the car to the track and am most concerned about it being quiet on the highway, and it handling and cornering well in the twisties.

Suggestions? And thanks in advance.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I just found this thread which is similar to this one :

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10534&page=1&pp=10

Though I am not looking to change tire size, I assume my questions may be answered on that thread - don't mean to duplicate - but I am interested in reaction to the Goodyear Eagles.

Thanks

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I have the T1's now and had the GS-D3's on my wrx. I can't really comment on performance yet as I haven't pushed the T1's that hard yet, but so far they are great. I would say though the T1's are a little louder driving on the road though.

My choice for summer only is the Bridgestone RE750's. Run very quiet, hold a line very well when pushed and wear really well. Can find some good deals on them too. I could easily see me pushing these through NW PA suburbia and countryside with no worries whatsoever. Only wish I could!

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Stock rubber on the JDM Legacy GT - Bridgestone RE050A's. Great wear, good grip, good rain performance, good mileage - I averaged 31.5mpg on a 1400 mile trip through the mountains. If my car was stock, would have averaged more. They are fairly communicative, side walls are solid enough without the jarring ride of RE-01's, yet not noisy on the freeway. They don't have the ultimate grip of softer summer rubber, but one hell of a compromise with all characteristics measured in.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com <- added the little red wagon

Archived