LegacyGT.com

yet Another NAVI thread

I dont want to get all guys riled up in an uproar since I already know that this is a pretty loaded topic. But i was cruising around the subar JAPAN website and fell upon this section here:

http://www.subaru.co.jp/topics/t-2005/legacy_special_choice/navi/index.html

p.s it helps if you use copy the link into a translator so you can understand what the page says.

http://world.altavista.com/

Is it saying what i think? (SUBARU GIVES YOU A CHOICE OF NAVI SYSTEMS DIRECTLY FROM THE DEALER!!!???!!) HOLY COW. also If thats the case ,,, Can any one find out if these can be installed aftermarket with our US spec legacy's????? I hope so because that would really solve the 1 major set back to the u.s. spec legacy.

Any help on THIS topic would be nice. (please dont make this a discussion on speculations... just the facts PLEASE!) Thanks in advance.

Fact:

1 You did not search hard

2 The JDM legacy has NAV is an option.

3 In the US it is NOT an option.

4 You cannot order the JDM nav and put it into a US GT.

5 The topic has been covered over and over and over (see 1)

6 A few US people have done a nice clean install (again see 1)

But none of those pages show any knowledge or reference to This particular link.

Maybe not the exact link, but that very same unit. There are pictures all over this site of it. Bottom line is i don't think anyone has really tried to get this into their USDM LGT. However, chances are you will run into some problems with the slightly different dash, remember JDM is right sided. Also i doubt there is any software set-up for that perticular unit in the US.

I suspect the cost of trying to import this would be ridiculous. You have much better options going aftermarket anyway. The install may be tougher, but i bet it will be cheaper and higher quality units in the long run.

NAV is one of those things, you either want it or you don't. Personally i could care less about it. I'd rather buy a $2 map and spend the money elsewhere.

Wow...RClark...you"re stomping your authority really hard. Trust me, he"s a lot more vicious in person...in fact I feel like reaching for the Tear Gas spray every time he talks to me at the Thursday meets.

Let me be more diplomatic and say...Dude you haven"t searched enough. Here"s a thought

Lowrance I-WAY 500C

It uses state of the art technology by NAVTECH (makers of the navi in most luxury cars on the market) and includes a 10 GB hard drive for your MP3 needs. It can be of course hard wired.

It is about 6 in by 4.5 in by 2.5 in in size...and with a bit of ingenuity you can fit it in or around the cubby. This will set you off about 900 greenbacks or a downpipe and uppipe if you wanna look at it in terms of performance. Or an Accessport and Up-pipe.... So there you go.

It would be nice if we could purchase the bezel and the UK version of the screen, and then hook up an aftermarket navi receiver. I don't think the JDM system would drop in because it's in Japanese, and I don't think it would be as easy as finding a US Navi disc and simply dropping it it (especially since there are no Subaru US Navi discs). If it's any help, I think the JDM system is made by Kenwood.

I wonder if I imported a JDM Legacy if the Nav would work in the US :rolleyes: Just think how cool it would be to have all that other stuff they get: right hand drive, spec B struts, twin scroll, that sexy dark gray, rear wiper, after market parts

Who cares? I'm a guy, and I've never been lost and I always know where I'm going.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it....

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

you can get the NAVI from LHD countries (like germany) but there is likely no usa map for that particular system, also I doubt the 05 USDM legacy is prewired for NAVI...

This Space For Rent

• 4 weeks later...

Archived