LegacyGT.com

Best way to get Boxer Rumble (w/o hogzaust ) for cheap!

The stock system is not ultra restrictive but it is not exactly a high flow system either. If my memory serves me right, the stocker is 2.5 " vs the 3" the magnaflow system is pre Y . The cans on the stocker are not staight pass thru like the Magnaflows either so they can't flow as well. When you really start to open the syetem (DP/UP etc) every bit helps especially when you tune for it.

One note, the magnaflow does go down to 2.5 inchs where it meets the downpipe. So even though the magnaflow is 3", it still has to pass through that bottleneck. As far as I understand, its not a big deal until your surpassing 350+ whp.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One note, the magnaflow does go down to 2.5 inchs where it meets the downpipe. So even though the magnaflow is 3", it still has to pass through that bottleneck. As far as I understand, its not a big deal until your surpassing 350+ whp.

Yes, also is reduced at the Y but not as much as stock. You could probably have it modified to remove the bottleneck on a 3" DP..

I had a custom section welded in my magnaflow to remove the 2.5" restriction and mate it properly to my Invidia DP. I have been extremely happy with my system in terms of power, flow and sound. It bests my Borla system in my WRX (which is also a very nice system).

I had a custom section welded in my magnaflow to remove the 2.5" restriction and mate it properly to my Invidia DP. I have been extremely happy with my system in terms of power, flow and sound. It bests my Borla system in my WRX (which is also a very nice system).

Thinking about having this done as well. Did you have a muffler shop do it and what did they charge you?

Get the magnaflow. It's only a little bit more expensive then the ebay stuff and it looks & sounds great. I got mine for $525.

+ ONE

i installed mine late last year and feel it's PERFECT.

good price

no fitment issues

great sound w/out being too ridiculous

fits the bumper much better than stock cans

installed the magnaflow CBE last night. it sounds freaking awesome. at first a little louder than i expected but driving into work today it didn't seem too loud at all.

no highway drone unless you really hammer on the throttle. nice boxer rumble, really happy with it.

it'll calm down a bit after a week or so. then you'll wonder why you didn't install it as soon as you bought the car :icon_mrgr.

anyone try the subimods gimmick cat back... 480 is cheep...http://www.subimods.com/gimmick-motorsports-3-catless-turboback-05-09-lgt.html?sitenameid=9c54883bb2d9bd042155b2ea8e0dc34e

That's a catless turboback system.

480!?:spin:

i believe he is still running his intro price of 399 shipped

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128367

That's a catback system.

Archived