LegacyGT.com

springy springs

can't decide if i want 1" or 2" drop for the suby and im only doing lowering springs right now, with stock struts..

Cobb or Rallitek?

Can people post pics of the cobbs i want to see those on the leggy and also of any other springs you guys recommend for just the daily driver/speeding :lol:

Searching through the Suspension section of the forum may help...

If you can afford it, upgrade the struts at the same time. Stock struts arent that great with lowering springs. Based on reviews, I'd go Rallitek.

More H-Tech pics here, see post #5:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128808

Note that if you get Bilstein or Tokico struts and the JDM/SpecB tophats that go with them, you don't want H-Techs. That strut setup raises the front of the car a bit, and the H-Techs don't look right. Hence my H-Techs being for sale (I have Tokico struts). But with stock struts or Konis, these will be fine.

H-Techs are the least stiff aftermarket springs that I know of. There's a table here:

http://subiwiki.com/wiki/index.php/BL_%282005-2009%29#Handling_Modifications

those H-Tech's are temptinggg. they look good on the car, im just getting them for looks and a little better handling? if that is even a factor, cause my car is slow either way :).

keep the pics and suggestions coming!!!

I just put the Rallitek springs on stock struts this past weekend. I also put on their sway bar set as well. Overall, the car feels great, I wouldn't want it any lower. It has an aggressive stance raked towards the front (back sits a little higher than front). The car feels awesome, much better than stock. I will see if I can get some pictures in the next day or two. Its usually dark by the time I get home from work. I recommend Rallitek springs!

the cobbs look like a good even drop..how does it ride on stock struts?

i almost bought ralliteks months back, but at the last second i couldnt decide between those or cobb's, so i never ended up getting anything haha. now the teins have me tempted...GRRRRR i dont know what i should go with..

thanks for the pics..keep em coming!

^^^^ I would just get coilovers, i haven't driven anyone's car on coilovers or on aftermarket struts so I don't know the difference between just my springs and coilovers/struts. My buddy has driven my car though (only once, and when i sprained my ankle and couldn't drive) he drives a STi on Tiens with CDC. He said I should upgrade to coilovers so (1) i can fit bigger offset (2) better ride than springs and handle better. If I could do it over again I would have gotten coilovers

yea i definitely would except i dont have enough money for coilovers, broke student. and i really dont and am not going to be using coilovers to the full potential so it would kind of be a waste of money. thanks for the suggestion though, if only they were wayyy cheaper :)

I've always used tein and eibach springs on my vehicles and was never dissapointed. It be a good idea to replace the shocks, cuz they will wear out and you'll have to replace them anyways and be charge the second time around.

i will eventually get shocks/struts later one, the only reason im just getting springs right now is because of the money situation otherwise i'd definately be ordering struts as well.

what tein springs have you used H-techs or S-techs? also do you have pics with your car and when you add new struts does the car sit with the new springs than the stock ones?

There are basically two kinds of struts for the 05-09 Legacy. Each requires a slightly different strut mount (aka top-hat).

a) The kind that are used in all USDM cars except the Spec B. Koni makes aftermarket inserts for these struts.

b) The kind that are used in the JDM cars and in the USDM Spec B. Bilstein and Tokico struts are this style. The top-hats used with these cause the front of the car to sit about 3/8" higher than the others, if you use the same springs.

Most springs sold in the US, including H-Techs and S-Techs, work best with the "a" type struts. Otherwise the front sits a little too high.

dayummm thats sickkk!! thats exactly what i was planning on doing to my rims too after i lowered it. christ thats a good looking car, and good drop, is that lower than tein h-techs? how much are vogtland springs and hows the ride?

Thanks! Advertised drop for the H-Tech is 0.9", so the Vogtland is a tad lower. Right now vogtlandsuspension.com has them on sale for $167.

Compared to stock, ride quality hasn't changed too much, just a little bouncier over dips and a little firmer over bumps, but not bad considering I'm using the stock struts. The small reduction in pitch, dive, and body roll is worth it, and of course a better stance.

I can't really compare directly to the H-tech since I haven't used them before, but I'm quite happy with the Vogtland's. I don't know of anyone else on this forum that has them, but I purchased them based on reviews on other car forums.

Archived