LegacyGT.com

Rallycross in CT this weekend!

Hey guys,

So, I totally forgot to let you guys know, but there is an NER SCCA Rallycross event this weekend occurring at Stafford Springs, CT. The Pre-reg deadline was Monday, but you can still do walk-ins (albeit at a more expensive price). I think it's $60 for one day (Saturday or Sunday), and they cut you a little deal if you do both days. Make sure to bring a filled out form to the event.

I know I talked about doing this while up in New Hampshire, but I'm down at home in CT and heard about it so I decided to give it a shot. It's probably going to be mostly dirt, but it should be fun regardless.

To anyone that's curious: TRY IT. If you just come to watch you're going to be kicking yourself for not driving. It's not that hard on your car and you will learn a little about car control!

Hopefully see some of you there,

Colin

Hey i'm right in CT and was thinking of doing this, but not sure about the car and how she'll hold up (bone stock except for an intake and running an EJ22). Are you running your '97 L with the 2.2?

hahah yep! It's not gonna be quick, but it'll be fun!

Well according to the site it's a relatively smooth track, so I'm not too worried. Also it's been so cold that everything is frozen solid... so hopefully we won't get big ruts on the track. I'm driving this thing into the ground anyway, so i'm really not worried haha.

By the way, the event was a total blast... all of you guys should have been there. Here's my leggy all muddied up after the first run (I got 3rd in my class in that session! Not bad for my first time out)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4279908815_e050458bac_o.jpg

would've been there dude, but she's my dd and my family relies on the subaru too for transportation. i know it wasn't a big risk, but they didn't see the point. need to get out at some point tho i'm dying to try it!

yeah, i here you man. It was pretty smooth relatively and I DD my subi currently, but having another car definitely eases my mind about it. Definitely hit up the autocross though during the summers... it's not hard on your car at ALL and it's so much fun!

awesome i'd love to do one of these! the big question: where do i register for races? i know it was $60 to walk in, if they had enough space, but i'd rather get a break on the price and have everything set up before i get there. is there a website for clubs that you go to?

awesome i'd love to do one of these! the big question: where do i register for races? i know it was $60 to walk in, if they had enough space, but i'd rather get a break on the price and have everything set up before i get there. is there a website for clubs that you go to?

http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/event/20100116_engravingawardsgiftscom-rallycross-and-national-challenge

is the site, and just delete a little of the URL to get to their site. Thats where I found out about the event.

Archived