LegacyGT.com

Bog/hes

Heres the deal, i got a 99 leg 5spd with a 2.2, I had the cam sensor replace, after the car started to bog and hesitate and all that good stuff and the check engine light came on for the sensor. It still had a little hesitation and bog but that eventually went away all together. About 2 weeks ago I was doing the ground mod, I remove the negative battery terminal. The terminal was rusted as all hell and fell apart. So I replaced it, The car ran like shit for the first ten minutes after wards it ran great. Now this is the same bog I had before my cam sensor was replaced. But now it goes away after the car warms up. Last week I had a convert deficiency code come on but I cleared it. I I also replaced the spark plugs with Denso plugs. The converter was cleaned about 4 months months ago in some special soak thing. Could this bog be cause by my converter being clogged? I'm at a loss on what to try next besides doing my timing belt...

i have a bog also, but i wouldn't touch the timing belt haha. i did belt/water pump/thermostat/belt tensioner maybe 3 months ago. then again, i have the EJ22 instead, so maybe something isn't the same? been trying to figure out the bog too...only happens after sitting overnight in cold cold weather, but doesn't last for too long; once the car get's running for a couple minutes, she's set. as far as where to go next, you're guess is as good as mine. i'd imagine it's electrical, but i'm no good when it comes to that (want to learn though!)

The fact that you did disconnect the battery means that you did get an ECU reset, which in turn caused the initial problems that did disappear. It may be that the ECU hasn't re-learnt all settings for all temperatures yet, but I would suggest injection cleaner and if you have a MAF clean that too.
453747.png

The fact that you did disconnect the battery means that you did get an ECU reset, which in turn caused the initial problems that did disappear. It may be that the ECU hasn't re-learnt all settings for all temperatures yet, but I would suggest injection cleaner and if you have a MAF clean that too.

Good point on the ECU I over looked that... I did run injector cleaner through it. I don't think this particular 2.2 has an MAF, but i'll double check it. Thanks for the quick feedback!

Archived