LegacyGT.com

Car Wash Messed up my CAR!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

so i know this is starting up an old thread. I took my car through a wash today. same thing happened to my rim. seems like the track took a chunk out of the rim.

mind you this is a 6 month old car, and i baby my car. luckily i stopped and checked after the wash right away.

what chain did you goto? my damage happened at a Delta Sonic. they made me file a claim and they took photos. ugh. did your situation get resolved?

I took my previous car through an auto car wash only about 3 times total and it caused 2 small dents and a ton of scratches, so I don't use those anymore. I highly recommend just taking the time to hand wash it, it'll look better and preserve your body. As for your car I hope you and the owner can work something out, things like this are quite the hassle.:icon_frow

Yeah i made the mistake of going to one once. I didn't realize it was the kind that pulls you through on the track until i already paid and started to drive in. It scratched up my front drivers rim a bit. Thank god it was only my stock rims which I sold anyways.

There is nothing wrong with using a touchless wash for a quick rinse if its the winter, or if you don't have the time to do a real wash by hand. Just be careful some of the touchless washs now have the damn guide bars too, the one i found by accident didn't pull you through, but had the damn bars. I didn't go through and got my money back.

Just make sure you check the carwash first before you go through, if they have the guide bars then find a touchless that doesn't have them.

Oh and the soap that melts intercoolers..... :spin::lol::lol:

well this time, i was in the wash, because i didn't think much of it, i just wanted the salt of my car and the weather just got better.

in the middle of the wash during the first rinse, i hear a loud noise, almost like a ping, it was quick, but loud. I even turned my head around because i thought something had hit my car. When i get out, the guy dries off my car and i just pull into a parking spot.

filed a dumb claim to delta sonic. unfortunately the manager couldn't do anything for me, corporate has to deal with it. now its 7-10 days till i get a letter from them, not even a phone call. -_- atleast my wash was free, but still sucks.

well this time, i was in the wash, because i didn't think much of it, i just wanted the salt of my car and the weather just got better.

in the middle of the wash during the first rinse, i hear a loud noise, almost like a ping, it was quick, but loud. I even turned my head around because i thought something had hit my car. When i get out, the guy dries off my car and i just pull into a parking spot.

filed a dumb claim to delta sonic. unfortunately the manager couldn't do anything for me, corporate has to deal with it. now its 7-10 days till i get a letter from them, not even a phone call. -_- atleast my wash was free, but still sucks.

I dont want to get into the car wash company bc they more than made it right and I feel that would not be fair to disclose them.

I actually emailed the company and the manager emailed me back. I emailed him pix to start with, then we set up a meeting. I was lucky enough to have pictures of my car 4 days earlier before I bought it. I took my laptop down to the meeting with me and showed him the damage.

For the record my car was company did not cause the wheel damage. The guide bars were only on the driver side (damaged wheel was on the passenger side).

He did however admit that it was possible for his wash to have caused the paint damage. I went over to my body shop and got an estimate. I had to sweet talk the manager, but finally they accepted it and sent me the check 7 days later.

unfortunately, i was at a delta sonic. They couldn't do anything for and had to make me file a form to send to their corporate office. =/

and from reading around, they don't have the best track record with helping people with damage. we shall see.

I reiterated how my family, friends and I have been using the companies car wash for years and have never had a problem. I feel this added customer loyalty or something. Also, go get an estimate to repair it. Have that documented and try to find any recent pictures. And dont give up if their initial response is NO. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

unfortunately i have no recent photos aghh, most recent i have is back in december, and it was taken from a distance. no go on looking at the wheel from there. also, if my rear driver side wheel were curbed, i'd have to be driving on the left side of the road. lol. the damage is also basically impossible to do by simply curbing it. I most likely will just goto dealer and get a quote on a new wheel. a wheel fix would cost as much as the rim itself.

got a quote on the wheel replacement, 299.95 + tax, from van bortel local to here. this isn't even including the install, but thats usually like 15 bucks. gotta wait another week to hear back from them. thanks for the info though.

i think all the negativity towards auto carwashes should be directed to those that are not touchless.

i use a touchless wash at my shell and it cleans pretty well. It also doesnt look to be able to cause the same damage as in the OP situation. I really hope it works out but we shouldnt scare people from using touchless washes. Not everyone has a home, driveway or garage to wash their cars

Good luck... I had some serious crap happen to my LGT (took the paint off my drivers side A pillar, BAD scrape to the metal)... Got shafted by the carwash, brought the insurance company into it - no luck, brought lawyers into it and the owner just ignored everything... Still unresolved and rusting... Still tempted to go burn the owners house down.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived