LegacyGT.com

wondering about JDM foglights

I've seen them rarely and they give an awesome look, and now it's my chance to get a pair in great condition really cheap! love seeing all of the pics of you guys who r lucky enough to have 'em, but i've got a question that might be really stupid, so bear with me. the jdm fogs have two bulbs, but look like they have the same standard clip from the usdm fogs (I have a 98 lgt). my question is, can i just hook them in and go? I want to figure out what both bulbs do too; is one a drl and the other a fog?

Hey i just got a set for 80 shipped from japan about 2 weeks ago. I payed .99 cents for them plus shipping lol. But anyways one of the bulbs is a standerd blinker bulb the non projector side. Im pretty sure in japan its connected to the turn signal but im not 100% on that. Then the projector is an H1 fog light bulb. The front clip of the us cars verse the jdm cars is slightly different you have to cut your bumper cover to make these fit and its a pain to say the least. A lot of on and off test fitting. The wires dont just plug in to the stock wiring. Well if your lucky enough to get the pigtails off the jdm car on your fogs wireing you can cut you factory plug off solder the jdm one on and just plug them in. But you will have to tie a few wires togther to get it to work off the factory switch and for both bulbs to come on at the same time and off with your highbeams just like your old fogs. I will explain it better if and when you decide what manner you want the bulbs to work. Because i know im being very vague with my description. Heres a pic of mine installed i know my bumper is pretty bad and has a gap on the driver side under the headlight not from me i only owned this car for 3 weeks now and alreay changed the grill headlights sidemarkers and foglights to jdm counter parts.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/wrxya33/PC190163.jpg

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/wrxya33/PC190164.jpg

So if you need some help let me know

ok that shouldn't be too bad as far as remanning the bumper...how about electrics though? i like the idea of the turn signal, but is there any rewiring if i just want the fogs to turn on (w/o signal) and switch off with the highbeams?

to wire it up for both to turn on and off with the high beams theres not much wireing just tie the power and ground for both bulbs togther then wire them to the same wires on your factory wireing. I tried useing the diy on sli when i installed mine basically didnt help much a all for me.

Archived