LegacyGT.com

Clutch Alignment Tool

AndrewZ

I recently purchased the ACT streetlight flywheel with the 07-09 oem clutch kit from fredbeans, but have a problem

I can't figure out where to get a clutch alignment tool!

I visited orieley's, autozone and advance today and none of them had it in their system. First off, would any car that uses the same 5MT use the same alignment tool? And if so, what model is most common so that I can pick up a tool for it?

Any help you guys/gals can give on procuring one of these would be appreciated. I just want your regular plastic cheapo unit that imitates the input shaft

Thanks

Just a thought...is the 2005-2007 LGT's a 1 inch ID clutch and 26 splines?

Reason i ask is that the clutch alignment tool i found with part number 25063 is a metric (universal) tool.

Is that easier I guess or is it all the same?

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

I did buy and use the generic tool that Scruit provided the part number for. I had to cut a few inches off of it to make it fit between the bellhousing and the engine because there wasn't enough clearance.

I wouldn't suggest purchasing that tool unless you can't find a better one. It doesn't have splines on it, just a sliding tapered sleeve that you press forward to center the clutch. It's very iffy whether or not you're properly centered. I'll be mating the engine and trans tomorrow morning so we'll see if it worked properly

Thank you for the update, I was about to purchase it online because none of the retail stores had them in stock. According to what you say thank god they didn't.

I ended up buying one off of ThePartsbin.com for 3.00$ but CA.e out to 14$ with shipping and all.

But it is the exact tool with splines and all

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

lol, wish i had the experience this is my first clutch job.

You can do it by eye, most clutches I do I don't have an alignment tool, I just center the disk to the PP fingers and pilot bearing as a reference.

:lol: I'd love to see someone crawling on top of the motor and trying to stick their head with a flashlight down between the pressure plate and the bellhousing

Really though, it can be a pain with the turbo still on reinstalling the transmission. Not worth the bother of the clutch not being aligned

:lol: I'd love to see someone crawling on top of the motor and trying to stick their head with a flashlight down between the pressure plate and the bellhousing

Really though, it can be a pain with the turbo still on reinstalling the transmission. Not worth the bother of the clutch not being aligned

Done it dozens of times. I guess it just relates to how bad you really want to make it work. :p

Archived