LegacyGT.com

Okay - this is just sad

SBT

Guest JessterCPA
How's your Infiniti G35x in the snow ? compared to LGT of course ?

In a word..different. The G is tougher, in that the traction control & diff are almost too smart to try & muscle around. The LGT was just an animal with no electronic intervention (mine was an 05).

I've yet to get stuck or failed to get home, so I guess in the end, they both work well.

Which again brings up the question, why not just shovel the car out like normal people do?

If the driver didn't have a shovel in his trunk and was visiting a friend I don't think shoveling was an option.:rolleyes:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Guest JessterCPA
Tougher to overcome?

I too like the fact that I have no nanny controls on my 05. I'd be OK with having them only if I could turn them off.

Yes. Even though you turn off the traction control, the whole attessa system is so controlling, that it still senses slip, makes changes to the diff's etc. Hard to explain unless you are in the car. Best way to say it is the Subie used mechanics & grunt to get through the snow, and it did it very well. The G uses electronics & brains to try & accomplish the same thing. The experience is different.

Guest JessterCPA
If the driver didn't have a shovel in his trunk and was visiting a friend I don't think shoveling was an option.:rolleyes:

True, but it seems to be in NYC, and the car has NY plates. I try to always have a shovel in the trunk.

• 1 year later...
Welcome to one and a half years ago.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Wow - literally a blast from the past.

PL - the diesel motor sound was the local metro bus idling across the street starting about minute 1.00.. :lol:

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm a newb. So I need 10 useless posts before I can buy something in the FS threads.

I'm also helping out SBT by bringing up his useful threads that contribute knowledge and general Acura bashing fun for everyone.

I don't wish to be banned. I just need 10 useful posts, you see, although I see now that OFF-TOPIC threads don't count for that.

Oh well, enjoy a blast from the past from SBT. Anyone got a Momo or Kartboy 5 speed shift knob they're looking to get rid of for around $25-30?

Archived