LegacyGT.com

intake trouble

I put on my intake today and everything was going smooth untill im putting the vaccuum hoses on and there is a third vaccuum line that had a spot on the stock airbox but my intake only has 2 spots for vaccuum lines.there was a vaccuum that came from both of the heads and then a larger main hose from the left of the throttle body.there now is an extra hose that was right under the big main vaccuum and i have no clue where it could be hooked up to, can anybody help me with this?will this affect performance or harm anything?

I just did this. I'm guessing you've routed the other vacuum lines from the heads into the tree to the third one, and that big hose from the side of the throttle body is free flowing. Just a little background if you didn't know: those vacuum lines run into the pcv valve on the engine (should be hooked up to a hose at the top of the manifold). That valve opens when the engine is warm to recirculate the gases from the heads into the intake for emissions. It doesn't affect performance if you don't hook up the lines; some people will hook up breather filters to the end of the heads to filter out the gases. For emissions, I don't know if running no hoses and no breather filters will let you pass. Is the intake that you installed running right to the throttle body (no stock parts)?

Archived