LegacyGT.com

2.5 Automatics

None of the high mileage thread guys have said anything that I recall, but the non-turbo 5eat is a little different from the GT 5eat. But your car not being GT is definitely better for trans life. Change the fluid completely every 30k miles, and consider changing the atf filter as well. Subaru says not to, but that's stupid IMO. Filters don't last forever, but I guess they're betting on it not getting filled up with junk before the car gets junked.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

None of the high mileage thread guys have said anything that I recall, but the non-turbo 5eat is a little different from the GT 5eat. But your car not being GT is definitely better for trans life. Change the fluid completely every 30k miles, and consider changing the atf filter as well. Subaru says not to, but that's stupid IMO. Filters don't last forever, but I guess they're betting on it not getting filled up with junk before the car gets junked.

He asked about the 2.5L, these have a 4EAT. The only non-turbo 5EAT is used in the 3.0R/3.6R.

I recently bought an 08 legacy gt limited. What kind of intake should i start with, my friend picked up a Cobb tuning one that as nice, but another said to go threw Subaru for it? Any advice would help, looking for nice whoosh sound and performance for a good deal.! thanks!

Advice number one is to create a thread in the correct place instead of jacking another.

Advice number two is USE THE SEARCH FEATURE and you'll find out why intakes can actually do some harm to our cars.

Advice number three is don't take this personally, we were all new here once.

Archived