LegacyGT.com

AP Questions

NJLGT

I hope someone can answer these questions for me. I have an 05 lgt 5sp. I had an ap that said 05-06 mt on the manual. on the back of the accessport on the serial number sticker it says 05 lgt/obxt I used it and it worked fine for the cobb ots stage 2. I just switched accessports to a different one with a custom stage 2 tune loaded on it. The tune is great and the car runs great, however cruise control does not work. The custom tune on the ap says for 06 lgt. There are no cells, and when I activate the cruise the light comes on but when i go to set the cruise it does not work. I don't think it could be the ap. I'm thinking it must be either just the tune itself or it must be caused because it is for an 06 and im using it in on 05. if that is the case is there a way for me to correct this myself? this ap does not have the regular ots stage 2 map on it, if it did i would try loading that as the base map and running the custom tune as the real time map. If i try to download the OTS cobb maps again to try this will it over wright the custom tune I have on there (I think street tuner is like that) or can I download the cobb maps without deleting the custom stage 2 map. and then try the ots stage 2 as a base and the custom tune as realtime to try and fix the cruise issue or am I off base here? :spin:

You are saying a couple different things here. First off, is it a black rectangular APv1 that you have or is it a v2 that looks like an hourglass?

It is a known issue that certain Cobb maps have issues with the Cruise. The fix is to get a different version of the map for your car. You can go to the Cobb website and download all the maps you want for your car. You will need to have the Map Manager software installed to put new maps on the AP. Loading a new map will not overwrite an existing map on the APv1. It will simply place the map of the same name in a different slot on the AP.

Another thing you are saying is that you have StreetTuner. Is it StreetTuner or StreetTuner-Advanced for the APv1 or is it AccessTuner-Race for the APv2?

Either way, it's not a real smart idea to load maps that are not for your year and transmission of car. Please answer my questions and I'll try to help. Oh, and please try to use proper spelling and punctuation so we can better understand what you are trying to say. AGBCDR!

Let's kick this pig!

thanks for your response qicksilvr... I was just referring my knoledge from street tuner that it replaces pre existing maps in my experience. I have an AP V1. So yuou are saying I can dl the maps without overwriting the custom maps on my ap (the onp custom map i care about is a TA tuning map stage 2) and would it make sence to try an ots stage 2 map as a base map ans then the custom TA stage 2 map as the real time map to attempt the fix the cruise issue? Thanks again qikslvr

Ya, on an APv1; you can have I think 4? different BaseMaps and 10 different RealTime Maps. It's best to give them unique names that reflact what is in the map. You can do this by looking at the Map properties in the Map Manager software used to transfer maps from the PC to the AP and then to the car.

All of the APv1 Cobb OTS maps are available here:

http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3061

You can download them to your computer and then add them to the MapManager Library. After that you can send them to the car. You can also use the MapManager to pull a copy of a map(that custom tune) from the AP and save a copy on your PC.

Do a search on here for "cruise not working" or "cruise issues". It has to do with the BaseMap's ECU version that it was created from. One of the early ECU ROM images had a flaw and caused the cruise to stop working. I didn't have that issue, but my cruise would work and then just kick off after a random amount of time or miles. My issue was due to spacing of the neutral position sensor.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived