LegacyGT.com

back in for warranty work....

bama16

my car started acting up, barely running and no boost. took it to groove and they said it was bad gas and the tech would like to take it home to get some more miles on it....i picked it up promptly, they did add 2 cans of BG 44k for me. they were getting a missfire on all 4 cylinders....and said if they didn't find it to be under warranty they were going to charge me for everything....took the car and drove it for a few more days, then took it to GO on arapahoe, they said they would take care of it and any work done would be under warranty. they said the cat/s in the header are falling apart and clogging the pipe....at this rate i'm extemely leery of modding this car....it can't even seem to stay together stock.

Thats what I thought..but I've honestly never paid much attention...it wasn't until recently that the splash guard came off...when I get it back I will have to check and see if the exhaust manifold was replaced

picked up the car today...inspected and they replaced the downpipe....hopped on i25 and then on 470 and gave her some gas.....started to studder bad...like full fuel cut around 5300rpms...check engine came on and flashed for a few mins before going away....happed about 5 times during the loop off unversity, to arapahoe and back to the dealer. now i'm back in the forester...i hope its not another week this time.

there was also a loose or failing cam/crank sensor...i got both from 2 people who called to say it was ready...it's not stumbling anymore...but i am getting an add noise up front...i was telling my wife to listen, and she said she couldn't hear anything but the diesel somewhere around us...i said that's the noise! called and they said to try gas at a dif station...we will see....

i wish i could modify...but i want this to be dead reliable...my 240z turbo is what i chew asphalt up with....so speed in the legacy isn't necessary...but i would like a little more oomph.....at this rate i just want it to stay together!

Archived