LegacyGT.com

Why doesn't a vendor build a lip that covers oem spoiler holes?

05lgt5spd

Looks like there are two holes on each side. If you pull up a bit on the sides, you can see where they are. You could probably take an sti style lip and just stretch it out so it covers the holes. I wish I had the photoshop skills. Im suprised a vendor hasn't attempted this yet. There is a huge market for it. The more people who are interested, the better chance we have to get the wheels rolling. Speak up!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sent a PM to Rommel and to R Rev asking if they'd be interested in designing and building anything like this. Both are well known, great vendors with awesome products. Hopefully, at least one of them will be interested in what could very well be a cash cow.

I sent a PM to Rommel and to R Rev asking if they'd be interested in designing and building anything like this. Both are well known, great vendors with awesome products. Hopefully, at least one of them will be interested in what could very well be a cash cow.

awesome, way to go, thanks for the support!

I like my stock wing :wub: i think im the only one

I go back and forth. But the beauty of this, is you could swap them out in probably less than an hour without doing any damage, or drilling/covering any holes. It would be great

Awesome! Well looks like the farthest hole is about 9 1/2" in from the first bend in the trunk. I wonder if they could just make a skin to cover the entire trunk with an integrated lip! no seam on the top, just the back. Now that would be sweet! It would look oem

Good news from R Rev as well!:D

We are always interested to make new spoilers, but we will need some better drawings or sketches to show how it will look like and then we will try to make a real one in our factory with fiberglass/ PU according to your drawing.

If you can come up with a drawing to show how it should look like, how you want it to attach, so even use cardboard/ chipboard ( w duck tape) to show how it looks like in real life, then I will try to refine it more and make a rough version to run a group buy on that.

You can email us at jason@rrevsports.com for future ideas and communication. Email keeps record better for us, thanks!

Jason

R-REV SPORTS

ok so bear with me, these are pretty bad, but it gets the idea out. I like the 3rd one the best

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/bpoolman2003/subaru/SubaruDeckLidmod2.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/bpoolman2003/decklidmod1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/bpoolman2003/subaru/decklidmod3.jpg

Rommel and I talked today about the possibility of doing this. The problem is that we both feel that there isn't any way to make this look remotely decent because of how far up the holes come on the trunk lid. If we were to do the entire trunk as a sort of top layer then it still would mess up the car's natural body line that comes up off the rear quarter panels.

If we can find a way we'd gladly make one but as of now its just me and Photoshop that will have to do the messing around with ideas. If anyone has any pics of a trunk without the spoiler on that shows clearly the holes that would be helpful as well.

Archived