LegacyGT.com

Shopping for a 2010 2.5i in San Jose area

TrueWhiteBoy

Hey guys, I have a friend looking to pick up a 2010 2.5i in the San Jose area. I did some thread digging and was able to find information, but it was back in 2005.

I was curious if anyone knew what deals were going on what what shops to check out or avoid.

Carlsen Subaru, Redwood City

Santa Cruz Subaru

Stevens Creek Subaru.

I remember hearing bad things about Stevens Creek and Carlsen, any idea if that still holds true?

Stevens Creek tends to be more of a high pressure sales place. The salesmen are a little pushy, make sure you've got a good idea on all the pricing before you go here. Be prepared to walk if you want a good deal.

I bought an 08 Impreza from them, negotiating took a long time but it wasn't a big deal.

I went back to look at an 05 GT, and got sketched out. They lied about how long the car had been on the lot, and then quoted me a price that was significantly higher ($2k) than the internet price and acted like it was a good deal. 4 months later, car is still on their lot at the same price...

I bought an 09 GT from Capitol Subaru in SJ, they had an excellent selection of Legacies. Seemed like a more low key sales staff, very knowledgeable. A friend ordered his Subaru from Putnam and had a decent experience with them.

+1 capitol subaru, no pressure, very knowledgable, offered an unbeatable deal for my car. Rider (Brennan) was the salesman who "went to bat" with the GM and hooked me up.

Their service department is great too. Justin is great & easy to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for Santa Cruz Subaru. They know how to take care of the customer from day to 5 years later. They might not be able to match all deals, but they are non pressure sales and easy to deal with. Also their service department is worth the drive over the hill and if you buy from them, you get 3yrs/60k miles free oil chainges and service rentals and lifetime 10% off service and parts. I bought my last 3 subies from them and haven't regretted it ever.

Talk to Evan, he will hook you up :)

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunitally, they sell a crap load of cars, so why would they change. What needs to happen is to get more people educated that they don't have to put up with the type of crap that they do.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived