LegacyGT.com

225/45/17 on GT wagon?

bemani

I had my dealer swap stock GT Ltd wheels and tires for my WRX BBS (17x7) and 225 Michelins. Offset was fine, wheel/tire combo fits fine and performs well. The initial wheel/tire match was a Tire rack selection. Pictures posted on Regal Blue Pictures thread.

It all depends on which tire you buy and what offset your wheels are. If running on the stock wheel, no issue. If running a 7.5" wide wheel in +50 range even likely +48 no problem. Go lower in offset than that with a wide tire and you could have problems Do you research on section and tread widths so you know as some 225/45-17's are wider than others. That said, on my WRX wagon I run 225/45-17 Falken Azenis sports, they are the widest street tire in this size I've found. They don't rub with the camber I'm running (1.5 degrees negative) and my car is lowered. If they fit my car, the Legacy GT wagon has more room and should be a non-issue. Remember wheel size + offset Remember tire section and tread width. Be mindful of what you're getting and you can run 245/40-17 tires if you want.

Archived