LegacyGT.com

looking at 2 legacy's tomorrow

02blubru

I currently drive an 04 fxt and I am trying to sell it for something with a nicer ride and to improve the amount I spend on gas as I put about 1k on a week with my new job. the fxt only gets 22.5 on its best days but an average of 19. With that said I need you pros's help.

I am going to test drive 2 legacy's tomorrow. both are automatics and my2005.

1 is a lgt and the other is a 2.5i

What should I look for? What should I make sure works well. you know all that good info.

Also What kind of mileage do they get? I have a 38 mile 1 way trip to work. mostly highway but some stop and go traffic, but only 2 stop lights so an average would be great to know.

Thanks for the help, and I am sorry if this is a repost of questions, I did some light searching but like I said I am going to look at them tomorrow so i dont have much time to research be for looking at them.

I currently drive an 04 fxt and I am trying to sell it for something with a nicer ride and to improve the amount I spend on gas as I put about 1k on a week with my new job. the fxt only gets 22.5 on its best days but an average of 19.

The LGT won't hame you happy if you looking for mileage improvement. If its that important get the 2.5i. I think they are in the 23-31mpg range. The lgt is 19-26 or so

I drive a manual, so I don't know too much about the autos. I think you might want to post a question in the transmission thread. Thats your best bet. I think if you stay near stock on an lgt, you could average 23-25 city/highway. When i was stage 2, I saw 28 highway, with a full load. Make sure they both feel tight, pull the dipstick and look at the color of the oil. Take oil cap off and see if there is any milky residue/moisture on the inside of the cap, make sure it doesn't smell like gas.

What is the mileage, year, and price of both?

look at the steering and lower control arm bushings

see when the wheel bearings were replaced, esp on the LGT

honlesty, in that case the LGT is the better deal. but i would be a little worried with the turbo and all that letting go after so many miles

That price seems high for the 2.5i, especially considering the miles.

Sadly, the gas mileage on either isn't very good.

I have an 08 Impreza 2.5i, and 09 LGT.

The Impreza gets about 27-28 highway, and 24-25 for the LGT.

The LGT also takes premium, which makes gas more expensive. In general, I think the LGT is 1-3 mpg less than the 2.5i, so you can do the math on it.

You might want to look at the 2010 2.5i, which gets 31 highway thanks to the CVT.

With the LGT, you'll want to look for mods to the engine/exhaust system.

i thnk if it's just a daily commuter, might as well just get the 2.5i. as long as you've got your weekend car to have fun in. but the LGT is definitely the superior car if you were going to get just one.

i have one and it's very comfortable and quiet as a daily commuter, i avg about 27-28mpg with 75% highway 25% city-ish routes

OCI can also be up to 5k miles but i typically change at 3750mi

Suggested retail on the 2.5i is 10,400......that is with no sunroof.

Suggested retail on the GT is 14,230.......with no sunroof, non Limited.

Kelley blue book retail (dealer price) is what I looked up. Something fishy with the GT being so cheap. Make sure it hasn't been in an accident, CarFax it!

Suggested retail on the 2.5i is 10,400......that is with no sunroof.

Suggested retail on the GT is 14,230.......with no sunroof, non Limited.

Kelley blue book retail (dealer price) is what I looked up. Something fishy with the GT being so cheap. Make sure it hasn't been in an accident, CarFax it!

Not sure I would trust the KBB on that. Most people have been getting about 10K in private sales for these. I know there is a delaer/private discrepancy, but that's almost 50% hihger :eek:

You're not gonna get much better mileage with a GT than what you are getting now. If I was driving 1000 miles a week I would get a Honda Fit or something comparable. Unless of course I absolutely HAD to get through bad weather because of the nature of my job and needed AWD.

I would also be leary of any used turbo because the nature of most owners is to hammer on them.

It is still ugly.

Archived