LegacyGT.com

New car.

ehsnils

It's a lot easier to have one whenever it's time to rent a trailer if it's not enough to have a wagon. Not that I use it often, but it happens.

And the gas station just by the parking lot where I have my car does have a trailer rental so I don't have to go far to get one.

453747.png

• 4 weeks later...

How come you imported 3 U.S. Outbacks to Europe? Is it cheaper to buy from U.S. than purchase in Europe?

That must be extremely rare to see USDM Outback in Europe.

I was interested in diesel Outbacks initially due to excellent fuel efficiency. However the emission/smog regulations are very strict in California along with very expensive fuel costs for diesel. So the PZEV 2.5 seemed like a good fit. Probably I will never have to worry about passing government smog / emission inspection for the life of vehicle.

Yeah trying to find alternative grills for 08 - 09 USDM Outbacks have been a challenge.

Nice Outback.I have a question that is bothering me these days.I want to replace the 2008 2.5i that i imported from USA last year with a VTD+VDC vehicle and the only option except the 3.0 models are 2.5XT USA spec or European 2.5 i 07-09 4eat 173hp.Im not 100 % sure that the last one has VTD but I hope so. Do you know if yours do have VTD based AWD system ?

The other advantage of the European model are that some vehicles are sold with LPG bi fuel setup and everything in the engine is manufactured stronger (especially the valves)in order to withstand the lack of lubrication caused by the "dry" burning of the propane-butane gas and even if I'm driving on petrol fuel only there should be advantages of the reinforced engine.

For the people that wanted to replace the grill in the previous post I have to say that that grill will not fit the US model.The headlights will not fot as well although looking the same.I tried to install European lights with integrated cleaning sprayer but they didn't fit...

I have imported 3 08 outbacks this year-one for me and two for friends and there are some differences.

Here is my beast:

Hm,actually in Europe most things are way expensive comparing to USA,including cars.For example the outback starts at about EUR 30 000 wich is about $40 000 and that's for the basic 2.5 model.About $45 000 for the disel and the 3 liter we are talking over $50 000.So here Subaru is fairly upscale car.

The European vehicles altought more expensive have some advantages like slightly lower fuel consumption,low gears for the MT and VTD+VDC available for the 2.5i nonturbo model as well.

The diesel is a piece of shit.Only manual transmission is offered.The clutch have to be replaced under 10 000 miles,no low gears,no LSD and fuel economy on such a an expensive car is not a big share of expenses like insurance and tax so it's not worth at all to me.Espesially for you guys in USA where fuel is 3 times cheaper the here in Europe :rolleyes:

So in my area most of the outbacks and tribecas are imported from the USA ;)

Here we are having some snow fun with outbacks in Varna,Bulgaria:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY_ej2Y0qsU]YouTube- Subaru Outback in Oreshak[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etAaELS7aVI]YouTube- Subaru Snow Story.wmv[/ame]http://www.subaruclubbg.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6167&mode=view

How come you imported 3 U.S. Outbacks to Europe? Is it cheaper to buy from U.S. than purchase in Europe?

That must be extremely rare to see USDM Outback in Europe.

I was interested in diesel Outbacks initially due to excellent fuel efficiency. However the emission/smog regulations are very strict in California along with very expensive fuel costs for diesel. So the PZEV 2.5 seemed like a good fit. Probably I will never have to worry about passing government smog / emission inspection for the life of vehicle.

Yeah trying to find alternative grills for 08 - 09 USDM Outbacks have been a challenge.

Archived