LegacyGT.com

Best Ice Cream

Bdubs

For all you New Englander's out there, you may already know Brigham's is the best ice cream. Better than Edy's/Dreyer's, Friendly's, and even that now commercialized Ben & Jerry's you may have heard of.

This is my new favorite:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m257/brandon12284/091.jpg

Paul Revere's Rocky Ride

Chocolate overload! Choco ice cream, with a fudge swirl, with chocolate cups filled with caramel.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JessterCPA

I'm getting more away from ice cream with lots of "stuff" in it. I like it more simple.

That being said...Welsh Farms Coffee Royale (or now it's Coffee Fudge) ....great coffee ice cream w/ fudge ribbons in it. Super yummy.

my favorite for now is Turkey Hill Coffee. It's just coffee ice cream but it is sooooo creamy...100% natural and comes from Lancaster county in PA. Been getting Edy's & Breyer's but Turkey Hill is the best....

http://www.turkeyhill.com/images/frozen_packages/anat_150_coffee.jpg

Double fudge chocolate by Edy's to satisfy my very sweet tooth, and butter pecan for my not-too-sweet tooth.

Oh, and the birthday cake ice cream from Cold Stone once in a while.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

My faves:

-Fenton's Toasted Almond ice cream in Oakland, CA (also mentioned in Disney's "Up")

-Blue bell ice cream in Texas

-Fosselman's creamery in Southern California (Alhambra)

-Chinatown Ice Cream Factory in Manhattan, NY

-Leatherby's Creamery in Sacramento, Las Vegas, and formerly Fremont, CA

-Coldstone coffee ice cream mixed with tofee and heath bar

-Breyer's strawberry ice cream

-Hagendaz strawberry ice cream

-Lucerne cookies and cream (Safeway brand)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JessterCPA
In NJ mainly in upper montclair as it is the home town for AppleGate Farms home made ice cream! I love their strawberry cheesecake ice cream. we once had our rutt's hutt meet cruise there so we can get some.

Good stuff, but IMHO, it's not the best. Don't get me wrong, if I'm passing by I'm stopping for some. But I prefer Holstens on Broad Street to Applegates. Also unfortunately, I do not think Applegates is healthy financially. They are closing a bunch of their other strip mall locations. I hope they do not go away.

Guest JessterCPA
Oh yea Holstens i forgot about them. They are good and theres also a ritas across the street too. So many options in my area!

With all that good local ice cream, no way am I going to Rita's. I'd pay double to support the small local guys.

Archived