LegacyGT.com

need help talking me out of upgrading

So, I just had a kiddo and now that he is finally here and have been out and about a few times, the thought of upgrading to the wagon keeps entering my mind. The LGT isn't paid off yet, but I wouldn't end upside down. Now I would only do it if I upgraded 07 - 09 Outback XT or H6 (more likely a H6). I just don't need these thoughts now that the little one is here and all expenses go to that department and the finance officer would take my head for even suggesting it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I am in the same boat, my wife is 9mo pregp but was going to downgrade to a 2003 model. Couldnt bring myself to sell the LGT (even though I had good cash offer) and it is surprisingly roomy for a small sedan. Just got back from a 2500mile trip with the wife and a dog and a trunk full of baby stuff. Keep the car its not worth it.
Infamous Tuned

So, I just had a kiddo and now that he is finally here and have been out and about a few times, the thought of upgrading to the wagon keeps entering my mind. The LGT isn't paid off yet, but I wouldn't end upside down. Now I would only do it if I upgraded 07 - 09 Outback XT or H6 (more likely a H6). I just don't need these thoughts now that the little one is here and all expenses go to that department and the finance officer would take my head for even suggesting it.

Ur considering wasting money by not making much of a change???

If you are going to buy something different get something different...

Anyway, Im lost, seems you already know what you are supposed to do. Man up big daddy. You get what you want a whole lot less from now on.;)

Think about it this way, in 10 years your kid could be a gearhead too!

Take note, I dont even have a kid on the way but am going stage 2 instead of stage 3 so I can afford the engagement ring! We all make sacrifices for what we REALLY want.

so you're looking at ditching the sedan for an outback? with a kid this makes sense. I would assume the newer subies have better safety features and crash ratings? You can use that logic on your wife and it'll help you justify doing it.

Of course, I'm not sure how you could justify modding it :)

I have three kids (9, 7, & 3) and two of them are still in booster seats. It's a tight fit, but they can ride in my Legacy if needed, we've done it a few times. Of course we have a larger vehicle (quad cab truck) for day to day family stuff but it's nice to know if the weather's really bad or gas mileage is an issue we can always take the Legacy. I realize the Outback is more practical in some ways but to me it's not enough of a difference to really matter. It's a 4-door family sedan, come on. That's all you need for one kid.

What does your wife drive? It is nice to have one "larger" vehicle, be it a wagon, truck, or suv. We have a 1 yr old and there is more than enough room in the legacy for us, but it does get tight when you have to start lugging strollers and junk around, the trunk just isn't that big. Luckily the wife has a tribeca, we take that anytime we are going shopping with the kid.

Archived