LegacyGT.com

Exhaust set-up! Suggestions?

I just installed an equal length header and mid-pipe with one high-flow cat on my BG. Stock comes with two cats... Still on stock cat-back until I figure out what I want.

EQUAL LENGTH HEADERS DO NOT SOUND LIKE A HONDA.

It has a very unique, aggressive sound. Once I find a cat-back, I'll post sounds clips.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't mean to bring up an almost month old thread, but does anyone roughly know about how much the mid pipe needs to be extended when using a impreza rs cat back on a 97 legacy gt? (So I know how much material to buy) is it like 3 or 4 inches, or we talking 8 or 10 inches or more?

And I know some of the hangars may need to be moved as well. :)

Thanks,

-Ben

I replaces the second and third Kathalysator with a normal pipe. Welded everything on, looks like this now.

The sound did not change a lot, but the power went up!

Which i did not expect.

Next thursday i get a custom exhaust silencer, will be making pictures and a short film of the sound.

05012010115.thumb.jpg.7d897b12080371ba9c6b389109202634.jpg

I was at the dealer yesterday and they still stock the SPT axelback for the Gen 3's. Bosal makes em, there's a link on here somewhere like $100 shipped. That's what I run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ItpWZsntA0]YouTube- Subaru Legacy 1996 L Wagon New exhaust[/ame]

Archived