LegacyGT.com

advice for my 05 legacy gt

I'm running a superzilla 20g with 650cc injectors a perrin top mount and fuel rails aeromotive fuel pump. Skunk greddy evo2 exhaust invida up and down pipe hks unequal headers. Cobb intake perrin Turbo inlet. Tuned by amr of mamaroneck NY. Mild

tune set at 17lbs of boost and dynod at 325 whp and 317 ft lbs. Timing sensitive and heat do to small top mount. Any idea how much power a stock ej255 can handle safely? Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks man. I'm putting a ppg straight cut gear set in this spring with a spec clutch and fly wheel. Still o. The stock clutch I don't beat on it at all wanna make sure my motor is all good. Amr is gonna do a custom front mount with Meth 3200 bucks.

Thanks. I've got a rotora brake kit with drilled and slotted rotors 4piston fronts 2 pistons rears and a tein mono flex suspension with the edfc on it it now and I love it. Car handles awesome

No worries then, just sometimes over looked...

Op to answer your question, different people say different things. I'm of the school that you can do 400whp on stock internals, but then the risk is high. I've read a lot about it, and I think it's all in the tune. A few people on Nasioc are doing 500whp on stock block, bit a lot more people say that's a terrible idea.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I hear you on that I made sure I was gonna be able to slow down if I'm capable of going that fast. What are you running with?

I just have hawk hps pads, i just drive somewhat aggressively, and am stage 1/2(depending on the day...mpg) The parts i listed are on itsme's car(minus the meth) and i dont remember what size injectors he has, but he runs a E85 tune and is pushing 375whp on an 18g. One of the guys in my shop is a tuner(hired on specifically for efi) and he swears up and down on meth. He drives a turbo cobra... keeps trying to get me in a mustang:lol::lol: After riding/driving itsme's car, I don't think its really necessary to go any further, unless your racing. His car is more car than you need on the road. Good luck!

Thanks man. I'm putting a ppg straight cut gear set in this spring with a spec clutch and fly wheel. Still o. The stock clutch I don't beat on it at all wanna make sure my motor is all good. Amr is gonna do a custom front mount with Meth 3200 bucks.

-1 on the custom FMIC for $3200. Check the link in post 4 again and really decide if you want to pay more than 4 times the amount for a custom built intercooler when we now have on available at such a reasonable price for what you are getting. Also, if you ask nicely, for an additional cost, he may drilli for meth. You never know. Either way, your still looking at a lot less cost even if the $3200 includes the meth kit. Besides, your top mount should fetch around $500 in our classifieds so there is your meth kit cost covered. Just my opinion.

As for the durability of the ej255, 400whp on a very clean tune is supposed to be safe. And yes the clutch and tranny will depend on how it's driven, but it looks like you have that covered.

Also, how did you get that far in mods without being exposed to our dementia here at LGT.com? :lol: Anyway, welcome aboard.

AMR is probably better in core quality than anything made in an Asia replica factory, but for $3200 it is my opinion you are being overcharged. You should not go a penny over $1600 for the best (Garrett core, mandrel bent, beaded aluminum tubing, perfect custom fitment, etc). At least make a few phone calls to competitors. Or remove the stupid useless airpump and use a perrin or something that is overpriced but still half as much as what you want to pay.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Timing sensitive and heat due to small top mount. Any idea how much power a stock ej255 can handle safely? Any other ideas would be appreciated.

...and the fact that above 17psi, the ends of the stock TMIC have been known to pop off. Just in case your tuner didn't mention that.

$3200 for a FMIC would be robbery... but $3200 for a FMIC, plus meth kit, both installed, sounds reasonable. It's not clear to me that the people who posted earlier were looking at the whole picture. If that is the whole picture.

There's a school of thought which says that meth can substitute for some intercooling - in other words, an upgraded TMIC+meth might be sufficient. I don't claim to be an expert on this, but if I was in your situation (i.e. wanted meth and hadn't already installed a FMIC) I'd look into that.

I'm shooting for 400whp with my ATP 3076 and stock longblock. I'm willing to bet (the cost of a new motor) that the motor can withstand that reliably, if the tune is good. So I am watching for knock constantly, with a CarPC setup. And I'm ready to buy a built motor if I have to. If I lose this bet, at least I get a built motor out of the deal, and maybe another 25-50whp from cams and porting and more boost and so on. :)

A bad tune will kill a motor at stock power levels though - Subaru has already demonstrated this with the factory tunes on the 07 STIs. I feel that if you're not running a stock tune, you owe it to yourself to learn to verify that your motor is healthy.

Archived