LegacyGT.com

05 GT Sedan available?

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='gtguy']Hooey. Order the car, and you'll get the same 4 to 6 week quote that the rest of us got when we ordered our cars. Sheesh...salesmen amaze me sometimes, which is why I don't deal with them. Speaking of 4-6 weeks, time is slowly (too) moving toward the arrival of my silver base GT wagon. Kevin[/quote] Who DO you deal with then?[/quote] The sales manager, a.k.a. the guy the salesmen talk to when they want to find out what price they can actually sell you the car for. :lol: I hate middlemen, and when I send people to this dealership, I tell them to ask for the manager by name, and mention my name. It's like a "no BS" password. The average in/out deal time is about ten minutes. Kevin

[quote name='racerdave']What's the countdown to now, Kev?[/quote] Well, the order went in on May 25, so I'm figuring no action really took place until the end of month, so I'm probably down to about 3-5 weeks. If it's anything like my WRX, I should see the car first week of July. And the Rex was coming from Japan, not Indiana. Kevin

[quote name='racerdave']Heck, you could probably road trip and pick it up yourself! :)[/quote] I wonder if Subaru would do something similar to the German automakers' "European delivery" program, only in Indiana? :lol: I am going to be up there for the USGP next weekend, paying almost $200 per night for a room in the Days' Inn downtown, I might add. :roll: Kevin

Very cool. I * will * get to the USGP next year. I've been trying to the past two years (Northwestern graduation next weekend). Sounds very cool... those hotel prices are nuts, but sounds good. Have fun! :) Oh yeah, and take pics.... and post 'em back here in OT.

[quote name='QToo']I went into a dealer here in NH today and they have their only GT sedan under a cover in the showroom. They told me that they can't even let it out for a test drive until June 15th. "You can buy it but not take it home until June 15th". I have read that there are other people who have bought the GT sedan and brought them home. Does anyone know what the deal is? Two other dealers I went too had the GT autos in stock and said nothing about this. I am looking for a 5MT. :?:[/quote] Well, we are now supposedly only a day or two away from the "official unveiling" of the Legacy GT. Maybe we will now start seeing GT ads on TV and in the enthusiast mags. Did not see anything special in the Sunday newspaper ads from the Subaru dealers. Seems like a strangely stealthy way to introduce a new performance model. Was the WRX introduced in the same way, with little fanfare?

Archived