LegacyGT.com

Cat Temps

gathermewool

97 LGT 201kmi

I bought a handy dandy infrared thermometer, and put it to use tonight.

This is what I found:

Before the upstream cat: ~380F

Upstream cat: ~270F

Downstream cat: ~300F

Could some one explain what, if anything, this indicates?

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

You've got me. Maybe next time I'll do a more-thorough examination, taking multiple readings at a few different angles to get a good set of data. I held the button to continuously scan temp, but I didn't spend a whole lot of time since I was mainly in the shop to trouble shoot a steering and billowing steam issue. I guess while I've got your attention (and instead of starting a new thread) I'll ask about the steering problem here:

STEERING PROBLEM:

PSF changed out a year ago with Amsoil ATF, although the method for changing out consisted of sucking out what I could from the reservoir, filling up with the Amsoil, then repeating after a few trips, so it was more a dilution of the old fluid than a change out, but I had some left over from the tranny and wanted to use it up.

Also, no PS noises from the pump.

Recently the steering has been kind of....off. While at low idle (car warmed up) the steering will be a little jittery and harder to maneuver, almost as if I was turning on crush and run. It'll kind grab for a split second, then let go, but is altogether harder to steer than usual.

I recently changed out both axles and ball joints, and noticed the problem almost immediately afterward. FWIW, I did notice the problem, albeit not very often and not nearly as bad a while ago, but I park near a tree, and attributed the slight jitteriness to the twigs and rocks I was parked on.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Archived