LegacyGT.com

question for h6 guys

I know with the turbo 4 everyone complains about the equal length headers. Blah blah subaru sound blah blah. Well does someone make an unequal length header for the h6? Im just curious what it would sound like.

I know its kind of useless because you would probally get worse performance. But people dont care about it with the h4 so why would anyone with an h6 right?

I know with the turbo 4 everyone complains about the equal length headers. Blah blah subaru sound blah blah. Well does someone make an unequal length header for the h6? Im just curious what it would sound like.

I know its kind of useless because you would probally get worse performance. But people dont care about it with the h4 so why would anyone with an h6 right?

Good point (and im serious) :) No there are no makers of UEL headers for the EZ30R EZ36R ER27D or the EG33D. There is one maker for El headers and they cost about $3000 total :eek: As for UEL headers you best bet would be to fab up a set which might be difficult if you cant weld or fabricate things or expensive if you pay for them to be made a set for my 2008 Legacy 2.5i was $800 dollars but that is based on time and a H6 wouldnt be much more and youll have a nice set. Also im not sure that you would get the rumble from a H6 like a H4

Well im a turbo 4 as it is but just wanted to hear an h6 to see what it would sound like with some unequal lengths.

Why do you think it wouldn't have as much rumble as the 4?

Well I think you could do something like plumb cyl 6 into cylinders 1 and 4 and 5 into cyl 2 and 4 to throw the pluses out of phase a bit to get the rumble.

On a H4 cylinders 1 and 3 are shorter than 2 and 4 if you tried to apply that to H6 you would need a larger diameter pipe to make it work to handle all that exhaust flow and routing that around the pan could be an issue

Archived