LegacyGT.com

Extended Warranty

The local Subaru dealership in Wakefield, Mass. gives all of their customers a free 7-year/150,000 powertrain warranty. I would try to haggle for a free extended warranty. But if you get one at your own cost - be careful. If you do not get your vehicle regularly serviced at their recommended 30K, 60K, 90K, etc service intervals, they may not honor the warranty. If you plan on having the dealership do all your service, then it may be worth it.

I have the extended warranty on my WRX. It makes it easier to sell the car, believe it or not, so it could be argued that this makes it a value added proposition. Also, if you get the higher level, pretty much everything is covered. I had the lock cylinders replaced under the extended warranty, for example. Subarus are generally reliable cars, so the extended warranty is something that probably won't get a lot of use. Still, it's something that is nice to have, just in case of...and it adds value to your car in the used market. Kevin

[quote name='Gumby']What did you pay Kev if you don't mind me asking?[/quote] I've forgotten. It was worked into the loan. I know that I have the Gold package, which provides a rental for overnight service, etc, etc. Kevin

When I bought my Subaru, the sales manager was trying very hard to sell me the extended warranty, but I refused since I didn't plan to keep the car for too long (I got my car for either 200 or 400 over invoice, and I got them to half the doc. fee :D since they didn't mentioned about it at all, I actually found out about it by myself when I was about to sign the contract.). He got very pissed and almost refused to sell me the car. :lol: Anyway, as my car's basic warranty was about to expire, I spent a few days researching on the extended warranties and prices, and found that most places had the exact same prices as listed on SOA's site, except [url]www.subaruwarranty.com[/url] , which was around $500 cheaper for my Gold Plus plan with $0 deductible. I called them up but the guy wasn't around and didn't reply my email or voice message. So I took their price list to my local dealer (about 8 hours before my warranty expired!!!) and they matched the price w/o saying a word! Guess they still made some profit. Just two months ago the CEL went on and it turned out there was some corrosion built-up on some sensor. Also, the rear wind shield clearner was clogged (!). They were fixed at no cost under extended warranty (or powertrain?). My car has about 40K miles now and the powertrain is about to expire. I am ready to get rid of this car this summer, and I believe the extended warranty will be a good "selling point." :) Unfortunately, subaruwarranty.com (I think it was run by "Curry Subaru") was down when I checked it just now. You may want to do some research online or search for "subaruwarranty.com" at [url]www.deja.com[/url] and see what other people said. Good luck!

This Space For Rent

Archived