LegacyGT.com

Smelly after a drive

best thing to do is call a mechanic friend or bring it to a shop you trust to have it looked at

Like burning grease?

If it does, look at your downpipe. Is it cover with grease? If it is, check you CV boot, most likely it is cracked and the grease is running out. I just had mine replaced today.

but this is the most likely case, since i did crack one of my boots when i had my 05

I would second the CV boot thought from above, or even an oil leak from another source....I recently removed my Oil Control Valves (OCV) and had the smell you describe temporarily...must have not cleaned up the oil quite good enough and it traveled down around the head to the exhaust manifolds. I could smell it once stationary after driving the car...like it was coming through the air vents.

- Allen.

Look at the oil rebreather line...it connects to the valve cover on the top of the engine. One of mine popped off and would cause an oily smell particularly after sustained high revs. Just pop it back on--I added a hose clamp to prevent it from coming off again.

Look at the oil rebreather line...it connects to the valve cover on the top of the engine. One of mine popped off and would cause an oily smell particularly after sustained high revs. Just pop it back on--I added a hose clamp to prevent it from coming off again.

agreed.. This is something to definitely have a look at. If it is letting off oil vapor underneath the bonnet, everyone riding inside the car will smell as if they work for an oil refinery after coming out of the car..:p

Archived