LegacyGT.com

Fuel consumption before/after upgrades?

vlad_b

What is the change in fuel consumption after upgrading stage1-2, and turbo?

I'm driving 70+ miles a day, and trying to figure out what can I do without increasing cost of my commute. Most of which happens at 80mph on 6 mt which is around 3K rpm, I guess.

I'm at Stage 2 (Catted DP, Perrin TMIC, Perrin Mid/Y, AVO Panel, TA Map) and on the highway I've seen a slight increase in MPGs if I'm just cruising. I get about 26.5 to 27 driving 75-80 (93 octane).

So you actually getting better MPG???

My average is between 23-24mpg, 19mpg with aggresive city driving. But I rarely can get better than 25mpg on a higway at 80mph in 6th gear on 93 octane.

I get about the same(very similar mods), but it was a 4-5mpg drop for me. 31 highway stock.

Do you have LGT? As I mentioned above, I rarely get better than 25mpg on a highway at 80mph in 6th gear... At least according to my computer. That's with stock drivetrain and significantly lighter than stock wheels:spin:

I can get close to 30, if following truck closely, at 65-70mph, but 31? never.

your aggressive driving doesn't help the gas mileage

I'm saying drivign at constant speed in a strait line on a higway I get 25-26mpg at 80mph and 26-27 at 70mph. Just checked this morning again. What aggressive driving you talking about?

I'm stage 2+ (catted DP, AVO TMIC, AVO Panel Filter, SPT Catback, P&L tune). Stock I was running about 25-26MPG consistantly on the highway at 72-74MPH. After going stage 2+ I'm getting about 27-28MPG consistantly on the same drive and same speeds.

I have the 05 GT 5sp manual. Stock and Cobb stage 1 it maxed out at 31 mpg highway going 70 on flat roads. At stage 2.5 it got 29 on the same trip it used to get 31. Well, I also had 235/17 summer sticky tires. I switched to new all seasons at 215/17 and the mpg went back to 30. Tires do make a difference.

I'm running stage 2.5 (mod list in the sig). With the tune I just got, I get around 25-27 mpg keeping it below 80 mph on the freeway w/my 245 star specs. The tune I had before ran my car super rich and I was losing 3 or 4 mpg. The tune plays a big part in your mileage.
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

maybe I oughtta get a tune... stage 2 5EAT and best is 21mpg freeway and avg about 17 city driving.

Or maybe I ought to find a way to drive easy and slower than 90mph on the freeway and brakes to full boost to brakes to full boost as I'm finding my way through the old folks stuck in the commuter lane going 65mph :))))))

Archived