LegacyGT.com

Fitting Heated Mirrors with turn signals on 2.5i

I was browsing through some of the parts available on subaru-parts-dealer.com tonight and I noticed, if I was reading correctly, that they sell the mirrors with the integrated turn signals and heated mirror elements for roughly $150 each. I was wondering if anyone knew what it would take to fit these to a 2.5i SE. I didn't know how much of the wiring might already be in place to operate either of these features of the mirrors.

Anyone know what it would take to fit these and get them working? I'd like if they were plug and play :)

After a bit of searching, I did find some info on 2005 Canadian model cars, where someone did fit these, but they already had heated mirrors and had to run wiring to the turn signals to get them to work.

It also appears that a different, in door, wiring harness is available for these mirrors.

Does anyone know if anything has changed for 2009 or if the heated mirror elements will work in a car that didn't come from the factory with them?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ryan,

Could you explain more about the process? What mirrors did you install? Heated only or heated with signals? Where'd ya get them? Part number? What else did you need? Was it included if you bought the stuff new from Subaru or was it a separate part? What was involved in the swap? How long did it take?

Thanks

Bryan

I did it on my 05. I added heated signaling mirrors to my 2.5i. I repinned the plugs on the mirrors to the factory plug (they are different) from my car and pulled a dual strand wire from the blinker. It took some time to fish the wire into the door properly but it was well worth it.

Ok. I bought my car and it came with the side mirrors with heat in them. I wanted to put on the mirrors that were on the GTs that had the turn signals in them. I bought the mirrors and wiring harness from SubaruParts.com. Installed everything, I had to remove the old harness in the door with the new one and swap mirrors. The old stuff that I removed, I gave to a friend who only had the power mirrors without heat. He had to purchase a relay and plug it in the panel by the fuse box. We had to use my old wiring harness and mirrors to hook things up, but everything worked as it should. So to make a long story short, if you are going to swap the mirrors, you will need to replace the door harness as well. Then it will just work as it should without splicing wires or anything. I have the part numbers in another thread in the How To section where I explain it better. Let me know if you need any help.

Archived