LegacyGT.com

Legacy Sitings

This is almost like a bigfoot/UFO sighting. I drove up to NY this weekend and I can say on the ride up, I did not see any of the new ('05) Legacys on the highways or local streets for that matter. There seem to be quite a few of us here so it is surprising not see many on the road. On the way down, I spotted a Black Legacy GT with NJ tags. The guy pulled along side me as if he was checking out my car, I gave him the thumbs up but he never acknowledged. Seemed like he was curious about my car, I had a couple of kids in it watching movies, the recently tinted windows on the Dark Blue car gives it a nice look, plus I an now wearing the LGT wheels.

Looks like he was wondering what model I had as he moved from the right side, to the back then pulled alongside the left and was looking in. Nice to get a look from a GT driver. He was probably as surprised as I was to see another new model Legacy on the road.

Thats funny - we have owned our Legacy GT Wagon for month now and I have yet to see another GT Wagon or sedan on the road - and I live in Maine - Subaru capitol of New England! I wonder if the Legacy GT's are really that uncommon.

Just found this site yesterday.... But on this thread subject, I have yet to see another 2005 Legacy GT Wagon or Sedan in my area of Wisconsin.

But I do get a lot of looks when I'm out driving the car, espcially, if I leave them in the dust. :)

My friends all made jokes about my wagon when I got it. Now that they have had a chance to see it with the few changes I have made to it, they are liking it more. Imagine if it was the GT with the extra horses to really leave them in the dust. They would probably want to get one. I am actually a little happ that there arer not a lot of them out there. Sort of make us look exclusive, like a Lambo or some other exotic car.

Around my work (just east of Seattle), I've only seen 1 LGT sedan other than mine, ironically also garnet red, and an atlantic blue 2.5i wagon (atlantic blue looks really sharp). I've seen probably a dozen or more TSX's. I don't really understand why the TSX seems so much more popular than the LGT, unless people in the market for a ~30k entry sport/luxury sedan either don't know about the LGT, or 'need' to have the Acura logo. IMO, the LGT is the better car; smoother, quieter, and much more powerful. Maybe I'm in the minority on this, at least I've still got some exclusivity! Maybe all the TSX owners around here saw the C & D comparo and just bought a TSX based solely on that. Their loss...

there is another black LGT (without rear fin) that is over by me here in Hillsboro Oregon. I have also seen 2-3 white legacys 2.5i's.

I came out to the parking lot yesterday and had quite a scare- I see a 20ish guy standing by my car, then walking to the back of it... then around to the other side. I chirp it as I walk up and he comes over (I think he must have hit it or something). He points over to his black STI on the other side of the planter (that I hadn't seen) and he asks me "is this the legacy?" I answer yes... he says he loves his STI, but just keeps thinking that he might want to update to the creature comforts...

Oregon is the 'outback' capital of the world- you see them everywhere. Heck there are 10+ in my parking lot at work (and we only have about 70 people that work in this office!)

Oh well, at least we have one of the Subaru commericals now (the why have 4 wheels if you aren't going to use them?)!!

I have yet to see an '05 LGT around town other than mine. I saw an '03-'04 GT at the grocery store but that's been it. I like the look of the '05s but I like the styling of the '04 a little more...something about the rear of it and headlights just look more "Legacy" to me than the '05.

I'm in Frederick MD about 20 mins North of DC and this past weekend I saw about 4 new Legacy GT's.. one blue one w/ an M3 on its tail a black one in the parking lot by the video store two wagons... I'm starting to feel like I did after a year of having my WRX. I couldnt imagine being a civic owner. Dime a dozen!

for the love of god, can a MOD please EDIT THE TITLE?!

I'm not usually so much of a spelling nazi, but having to read SITINGS over and over again is killing me :o

with that said - I've only seen 2 legacy's in northern Va, and a handfull of new outbacks. (all of which were driven by old folks)

what is it with old people and the outback??

I don't see any LGT's around here in NYC. I've seen one or two 2.5i's on Long Island, but haven't seen any LGT's until last week. I was driving on the Gowanus Expressway at around 6 AM on my way to work when I saw a dark blue LGT with dark windows and xenon or pseudo xenon headlights. He was next to me and then eventually behind me for a while. After that, I exited at the Brooklyn Bridge and he kept going on the BQE. I wonder if it's someone who belongs to this site!? It was really nice to finally see what OTHERS see when they see me driving around:D

I am starting to see all of the different flavors more and more, from the base legacy all the way up to the Outback LLBean. Just the other day, within 1/2 an hour I saw at least 1/2 dozen of them around here.

I live in the Oklahoma City area and I've seen one Legacy GT since my first test drive in November. That was last weekend. I guess that explains why I get so many stares and questions like, "What is that a Kia?" I like the Idea of have such a well kept secret.:D

I've seen one 05 Legacy GT sedan (MT) in the Rochester area recently, other than that though I haven't seen many. Outbacks are common, and maybe I've seen some Legacy wagons but I haven't payed much attention.

When I get mine I doubt it'll change much.

I've seen a number of older Legacys and I think one of the ones I've seen on the campus is an 05 (not a GT though) but even still they're not common.

for the love of god, can a MODQUOTE]

in MOD we trust

couldn't help it

BTW seen several around here-nice folks. (as subaru lease commercial plays in the background)

This is not my beautiful car.

I was surprised a couple of days ago when driving out of my neighborhood to see a new silver Gt sedan parked in a driveway. We are starting to see a few more in the NW oregon area. However. right now it seems about 1/3 of oregonians own a subaru.....

I drove from Burlington Vt. to Poughkeepsie NY this past weekend (4.5 hours each way). I didnt' see one new Subie. Although at a gas station I watched as a kid almost walked into the gas pump while starring at the back of my car. I think he was trying to figure out what it was. It was funny.

Up in Vermont I have seen a few LGT sedans (2-3) and a bunch of outbacks, but not I can't say it was a lot of them.

Archived