LegacyGT.com

Please help! Do Eyelids affect my headlight beam?

veritas

Let me preface really quickly. About a month ago I put new DRL bulbs in my 08 LGT. I also replaced the fogs making sure I got the right bulbs and that they were installed properly. Lights looked good but i drive aroubd during the day mostly and live in NYC where there is a lot of ambient light. 3 days later never having driven the car at night someone backs into the front of my car in a parking lot...hard. 4k in damage new, bumper, hood supports yada yada. The headlight were saved. I have the stock headlight bulbs in place. Just the DRL's and fogs were changed. The issue i'm having is with the headlights on and not the highbeams.

3 weeks later I got the car back and promptly put a new pair of CF eyelids on the car, I hadn't even driven the car at night to this point after getting it back from the body shop. My wife and I go visit my parents upstate NY. very dark roads and such. the eyelids are from R-rev.

There is this "line" or beam cutoff so to speak thats very visible where the beam ends and it runs across the middle of the road. It's sort of annoying.Thing is, I don't remember it being there but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. it reflects off the trees on the side of the road and is pretty pronounced.

My questions are. Does anyone with eye-lids have this problem?

If not, could my headlights be out of alignment after the hit and having the body shop taking them on and off a ton of times trying to get everything to fit right.

I wanna try and avoid peeling the eyelids off first because there on there pretty good

Thanks for any help. I just noticed this tonight on the drive up so I figured I'd post now to get some info before I start messing with the eyelids or headlights.

Thanks for any help and happy turkey day,

Vin C

NYC

99% its misaligned head lights and you're getting something confused with the built in cutoff shield in the lens.

the cutoff is meant to prevent on comming cars from being blinded. you might just need to adjust it up *a bit*

look something like this?: (ignore the *s)

***********________

__________/

I think the line was even across both lights just right in my eyeline. I'm gonna try and align them tonight. I think I'd rather try that than risk snapping one of my eyelids taking them off, lol. The 3m tape I used to put them on is some sticky stuff.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks man, I'll try. Anyone else have any experience. Something else to add. When I put my high beams on along with my headlights it almost seems like you can see the line between where the headlight beam ends and where the high beam begins.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, I took my car into the dealership for an oil change and asked him to check my headlights because I thought they were out of alignment...Well, to my suprise he said they were fine and my eyelids were not affecting the beam either.

Wtf? Even my wife commented on it how it looked weird and my wife doesn't know shit, lol. I'm gonna try and post some pics, but I need to find a really dark street. Should the beam cutoff be closer to the ground or above the windshield and high?

cutoff should be closer to the ground, the cutoff is where the shield inside the headlight stops light from blinding other drivers, so it cant be up high it would defeat the purpose.

And while most wives don't know anything about cars they can spot certain basic things that they can see, mine does.

Gonna try and snap some pics, but everyone is leading me to believe it's just normal and I never noticed it and assumed it was an issue after the car was hit.

Let me ask you guys this: When you have ur headlights on and u put ur brights on are you supposed to see the beam cutoff where the headlights end and where the highbeams begin?

99% its misaligned head lights and you're getting something confused with the built in cutoff shield in the lens.

the cutoff is meant to prevent on comming cars from being blinded. you might just need to adjust it up *a bit*

look something like this?: (ignore the *s)

***********________

__________/

Yup like dat.. even more apparent with my HID's :) If it's not misaligned.. you probably just never noticed it :)

Archived