LegacyGT.com

Need some help with wheel fitment please.

coldradio1

Ok, so I think I'm gonna try to get a nice set of wheels soon and I need some advise on a couple of things. First, the wheels in question are SSR Vienna LM-9's in 18x9.

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/images/lm9_20/gold_lrg.jpg

First question: I want the wheels to pretty much straight up and down with the fender. I don't care about rolling the fenders, I will if I have to (and I probably will have to). I also don't care about stretching the tires. I don't want much stretch, but I'm planning on having a little. I also wouldn't mind if there was a little poke (within a couple of mm). So what offset do you think would fit my description? I am thinking et40. Any thoughts?

Second question: The wheels are available in "normal disk" and "super low disk". At first I was thinking, "obviously super low disk is the only choice". Then a friend of mine suggested doing the fronts in normal disk and the rears in super low to create the appearance of a staggared set, but retaining the same offsets and widths. So, if the wheels weigh the same for the normal and super low, do you think that having the fronts normal and the rears super low would cause issues with the awd?

Thanks in advance for your posts.

There's a few factors that come into play:

- Lowered? If so, coilovers or springs/struts?

- Alignment

40 offset should be ok. There's people doing 18x9 with 28, 35, and 38 offsets already. I'm not too sure about the low disk vs. normal thing though...

I'm assuming if the weight is the same it should be fine between the normal and low disk considering the wheel diameter will be the same. As for lowered, the car will be lowered before I put them on. Still debating on coils or springs/struts. As for alignment, I don't mind running a couple degrees of camber but I don't want to run anything extreme.

I'm assuming if the weight is the same it should be fine between the normal and low disk considering the wheel diameter will be the same. As for lowered, the car will be lowered before I put them on. Still debating on coils or springs/struts. As for alignment, I don't mind running a couple degrees of camber but I don't want to run anything extreme.

If weight and diameter is the same it should be fine.

Reason why I asked coils vs. springs/struts is because coils will allow more inboard clearance so the wheel/tire doesnt hit the strut.

For reference, member 0verboost was running 18x9s with +35 in front and +30 in the rear. Slammed on Tein Flex with -2.5 camber front and -1.5 rear. Fenders were rolled and pulled.

You may get away with doing less work with the +40 though...

check this out for a thread of aggressive fitment Legacy

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116886

Why would you want a staggered appearance on an awd car?

-Pierce

Why not?

As for the extra work, I really dont want to pull the fenders. Rolling I dont mind, but I dont really like the look of pulled fenders. I've tried to find some pics on the site with similar size offsets, but haven't seen anything quite like what I'm looking for.

As for rick's question, that is the only thing that is keeping me from completely being set on the two lip styles. I may end up just doing the low disk on front and back and save myself the trouble.

Archived