LegacyGT.com

Audio Install Stage 1 Complete (Cubby Bezel)

scans007

I ordered mine on Mar. 20th, shipped on 22nd and a delivery attempt was made today but I wasn't home and I think that was it.

scans007 is right, depends on stock. I think I got lucky with it being in stock. Customer service was great. Overall great transaction.

scans007... looks great dude!

Eh... I ordered the beginning of march.. they lost my order, and i talked to them on march 24th and they re processed me they said...

I hope it comes soon :(

Eric

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, the space is kinda tight back there, but still enough room to do what you want. When you say pushes out towards the passenger, it depends on how you look at it it guess. Tech. its 100% straight when installed. It looks like it pushes towards the pass. cuz the dash slopes off towards the driver a tad, so it falls away from my HU. My HU sticks out maybe 1/16 of an inch on the drivers side while the pass side of the HU is flush....I had the car apart for two days, by this point i needed to get everything back together. I didn't play around with it to see if I could get it flush. I prob wouldn't want to cuz then passengers would have to see the screen at a funny angle.

Oh and there is one other lil prob with my HU, it is a lil wider, so when installed it pushes to the outside a little bit rendering the ability to flow air up and down useless, if you have the same problem make sure you get the flaps where you want before installing cuz the won't move after :D

Oh, i didn't even notice the angled to passenger side! What I meant is that the whol HU is closer to both the driver and the passnegers sides... it doesn't look as though it has much room to be pushed back inside of the cuby space!

Like I said... great job!

Oh, i didn't even notice the angled to passenger side! What I meant is that the whol HU is closer to both the driver and the passnegers sides... it doesn't look as though it has much room to be pushed back inside of the cuby space!

Like I said... great job!

Oops My b......when you pull out the cubby you have from vent to vent. You have 6 3/4 inches to fit any deck in there (just measured) and you can SQUEEZE another 1/16 out of it.....

Eh... I ordered the beginning of march.. they lost my order, and i talked to them on march 24th and they re processed me they said...

I hope it comes soon :(

Eric

Just got an email.. its shipping today! :)

Firedawgs - Man, will you quit rub'n it in that I can't make the MA meet, it's painful enough ;) But you can def see if first hand at the next one :D

ChE Outback XT - Well I've been putting it together over my last few cars. Buy a few things here a few things there. Overall rundown

Panasonic CQ-VAD7200U - DVD/TV/MP3/Nav 7'' Screen = $1500

Alpine Navigation Unit - NVE-825A = $1200

Panasonic Disk CD changer - $150

Front Speakers - Alpine SPS - 171A - $199

Rear Speakers - Alpine SPS - 170A - $99

Subwoofer - JL-W7 - $400

Speaker Amp - JL4300e - $325

Sub Amp - JL500/1 - $450

Tsunami Cables and 100 Amp ANL Fuse - around $100

TOTAL = around $4500 (don't forget some of these parts I bought 2 years ago)

Sounds so kick ass though :D

CLASH - F man, it sounds rediculously awesome. Its on the verge of too much bass for me so I've got the setting on the equal. at -1... LOL..I had a W6 before and it wasn't quite enough, man there is a Jump between them.....I lost my trunk to it though (the way I set it up I can take it out really easy if i need the trunk). I need SbXi to come through with the custom boxes for the GT, he just needs a vehicle so he can get a mold....

CLASH - F man, it sounds rediculously awesome. Its on the verge of too much bass for me so I've got the setting on the equal. at -1... LOL..I had a W6 before and it wasn't quite enough, man there is a Jump between them.....I lost my trunk to it though (the way I set it up I can take it out really easy if i need the trunk). I need SbXi to come through with the custom boxes for the GT, he just needs a vehicle so he can get a mold....

im thinking about getting a 12" W6. What size is your W7? what site did you get it at?

im thinking about getting a 12" W6. What size is your W7? what site did you get it at?

Yeah a 12'' W6 will put out all you'll need....I assume you are putting in an amp for it and such. I had my 500/1 for my W6, and now have it running my W7

I have a 10 inch W7 one of my buddies that works for and audio shop scored it for 400 bucks, so I took it. I need to try it in a diff box though cuz the JL boxes are huge, I know it will change the acuositcs, but I'm gonna see what it sounds like.....

Keep in mind there are 0 I mean NO authorized JL Audio dealers who will sell you stuff over the net. JL doesn't honor warranties from stuff bought over the net...

Now that that was said... ;)

But JL rules!

I've got JL Amps... 450 x 4 & 500 x 1

JL Speakers 650 VRs (front and rear)

JL RCAs

JL Power Wire and Battery Terminals!

Oh, and a 10W7...

They have the best, so they practice a strict policy of assuring the best services, and that isn't always the case with internet retailers! Luckily for me, I have a close friend who is a rep for JL... so I can always send anything back! maybe I could send something back for some of you guys... IF you ever had any problems... which I doubt you will! But, the offer is out there, if that was going to be something that would keep anyone from buying JL due to their internet policies!

-Mark

Thanks for posting the pics - I just ordered the bezel from avo and a head unit.

Is there a way to keep the flip-up door on?

No there isn't as the cubby is the exact width of the headunit, maybe a touch smaller. I just tried to fit my Clarion deck through the cubby space and it won't fit. I am gonna have to play around with it so that it fits flush benind the new adapter.

On another note, if you have a flip down deck with protruding volume knob or long buttons at the bottom of the face, this will not work for you as the base of the cubby will not allow the face to fully flip down.:(

No there isn't as the cubby is the exact width of the headunit, maybe a touch smaller. I just tried to fit my Clarion deck through the cubby space and it won't fit. I am gonna have to play around with it so that it fits flush benind the new adapter.

On another note, if you have a flip down deck with protruding volume knob or long buttons at the bottom of the face, this will not work for you as the base of the cubby will not allow the face to fully flip down.:(

:eek:

Uh OH... I waited so long and I finally ordered one! AHHHH! I hope it's gonna work with my HU!

Yeah, it would sound even better with sound deadening.....ran out of $$ and time. Our doors are kinda crazy on the inside so it wouldn't be the easiest project....I'll let the speakers break in and see how it sounds, then decide if I'll add it......

• 2 weeks later...

I take it you never installed any spacers. Are the alpines that shallow that they didn't require them or they had the correct holes drilled to mount right up?

I have a pair of Focal Polyglass which will be going in this weekend. I have a couple of sheets of Sched. 80 PVC to make spacers just incase. I saw that the JL guy (forgive me, I forgot his name) made spacers out of plexiglass. I wasn't sure if it was a nice thing to have or a requirement.

• 2 months later...

??????

1. Does your stereo radio and CD-changer still work?

2. Can you get audio from your DVD Player/ Navigation System to work in conjuction with your existing aftermarket sound system?

3. If so, how did you run the auxilary audio feed from your DVD player/Navigation System?

4. Is the sound in Dolby Digital 5.1/6.1? I doubt it!!!

Just need to fill in the blanks before I install a AVIC!!!

CRAZY KEN

1. Does your stereo radio and CD-changer still work?

- I didn't, but you can with the right converters and such.

2. Can you get audio from your DVD Player/ Navigation System to work in conjuction with your existing aftermarket sound system?

- Yes, but I didn't as my HU has a DVD unit built into it so I use that for DVD's and the NAV just for well Nav =) I have a separate speaker under the dash for the sexy Nav ladies voice to come out of :D

3. If so, how did you run the auxilary audio feed from your DVD player/Navigation System?

- See above

4. Is the sound in Dolby Digital 5.1/6.1? I doubt it!!!

- Well it could be easily if I added a center channel which I was actually think'n about it. But then I bought an AP, the mods when OOC and I had no money left :D

Just need to fill in the blanks before I install a AVIC!!!

- with the AVIC (I or II) you only will have one unit running everything so you will not have to worry about #2 or #3. and should have open audio/video slots to add whatever else you might need

So if I buy this AVO single DIN cubby unit and Install an AVIC I WILL lose the capabilities of using my OEM center console 6-Disk CD Changer and Radio! Y or N

If Y, then I have to find another soultion to getting navigation!!! ;(

If N, then whoopy!!! Install a seperate speaker for navigation is fine with me!!!

I want the AVIC for its navigation features primarily and if the AVIC can be a serperate entity from my existing sound system...then I'll do it!!! I don't need that feminine voice coming out loud as heck through all my speakers!!!

Thanks for the confirmation,

CRAZY KEN

So if I buy this AVO single DIN cubby unit and Install an AVIC I WILL lose the capabilities of using my OEM center console 6-Disk CD Changer and Radio! Y or N

YES you will (you can get the Changer work'n with some work, but will def loose the radio)

Really though if you do a setup like mine you don't need the stock stuff at all, as the AVIC is better then stock.

Archived