LegacyGT.com

THE OFFICIAL 350wtq+ 5EAT thread

ClimberDHexMods

• 2 months later...
well so far i have about 50 miles on it and i love it. spools just as fast as my vf-40 and pulls hard till redline. too bad we have a huge snow storm coming tonight and my rear endlink is shot. not gonna have much time to really test it out but it is great not having a turbo that craps out at 5k rpms

My goal is for this thread to contain summary case studies on the small handful of 05-09 5EAT LGT/OBXT cars, in order to see what does work and what does not work. This way people planning on going >350wtq will have some centralized data to help them draw their own conclusions.

Why 350wtq+? Because <350 has been shown to work just fine. There is not, however, compelling data on the 350+ guys.

Hopefully the following members and others will list their setups and detail any transmission issues or failures, as well as successes. I'll try to keep the first few posts current. My setup will eventually take me past 350 as well, in which case I will post my results.

FRKevin

Goyim

mikeyan

iamboon

etc

Here is what I have from memory so far (It may no be correct):

FRKevin

2005 LGT?

400lbs of stereo equipment

FP Red, EWG, alcohol injection

IPT Valve Body Modification

400whp

Miles on Power Level???

Miles on Modified Transmission setup???

Results: Trans currently slipping severely in 4th and 5th gear

Coming Soon: GT40r with built IPT Trans.

Goyim

year??? LGT

AVO380, EWG, meth injection

350whp

Past Results: Blew prior transmission when VDC activated in a turn.

Current Results: No problems?

Pierce88

2005 LGT

HTA Green, EWG

400+whp??? tbd

No transmission modifications

Results: Pending

Rick

2006 LGT

FP68HTA on E85

IPT VB, Tranny Cooler

The car has 68k on it.

The IPT VB was at 55k miles.

Results: I destroyed the center diff with a 3200rpm launch, and my IPT fully built tranny should be here tomorrow.

Technically the transmission was fine, but Subaru would not sell me the parts to repair the center diff.

Mikeyan

Blouch Dominator 3.0 w/ meth, CA 91 crap gas

390whp now??? http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61070&highlight=aquamist+install

IPT Valve Body modification???

iamboon

400whp

IPT Built Transmission

sorry for the delayed response...

fp red

meth

pro tuned

tgv deletes

fmic

conservative tune 418 whp

current state: rebuliding the motor with the help of ShockerGt, Rallispec, KSTech and Scott Siegel

Soon we can start fresh on mine with a lot more specs lol.

When I went stage 2 i did the VB mod and trans cooler to begin with at 65k miles.. at 75k miles switched to an FP green and supporting mods.. then at 85k miles i did the red and more supporting mods.. currently sitting at 99k

Had no issues until a recent trans flush.. there was a mishap and trans fluid was put into my front diff.. so i drove home with very low fluid in the trans.. brought it back and it was corrected and worked fine.. about a week later i accelerated hard to get into traffic.. everything was fine. i noticed a problem trying to slow down.. the trans would not downshift out of 4th into 3rd.. it was stuck only in 4th/5th. drove it home having to start out in 4th gear.. right before i pulled into my driveway the trans clunked and shifted down into 1st like it should. drove the car around and it seemed fine.. but shortly after that 4th/5th starting to go rapidly. now they are gone :) .. if it goes into 4th/5th the sport mode will start flashing and you can no longer shift manually.. but it will hold the gears from 1-3 and sometimes hit 4th downhill :)

setup in the works..

fully built IPT 5EAT

Block

LA Iron Sleeves

Bored 100mm

100mm Wisco pistons

Pauter Rods

Knife balanced crank

Pinned mains

BC 280 cams

BC titanium springs/retainers

Port and Polish

GReddy Header

UR Up + Tial 44mm wastegate

GT4088r (debating on which a/r i want to change this to since its in the closet)

plus all other supporting mods

also tossing the idea of doing 2000/2200cc injectors and E85 for some crazy numbers :)

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

Soon we can start fresh on mine with a lot more specs lol.

When I went stage 2 i did the VB mod and trans cooler to begin with at 65k miles.. at 75k miles switched to an FP green and supporting mods.. then at 85k miles i did the red and more supporting mods.. currently sitting at 99k

Had no issues until a recent trans flush.. there was a mishap and trans fluid was put into my front diff.. so i drove home with very low fluid in the trans.. brought it back and it was corrected and worked fine.. about a week later i accelerated hard to get into traffic.. everything was fine. i noticed a problem trying to slow down.. the trans would not downshift out of 4th into 3rd.. it was stuck only in 4th/5th. drove it home having to start out in 4th gear.. right before i pulled into my driveway the trans clunked and shifted down into 1st like it should. drove the car around and it seemed fine.. but shortly after that 4th/5th starting to go rapidly. now they are gone :) .. if it goes into 4th/5th the sport mode will start flashing and you can no longer shift manually.. but it will hold the gears from 1-3 and sometimes hit 4th downhill :)

setup in the works..

fully built IPT 5EAT

Block

LA Iron Sleeves

Bored 100mm

100mm Wisco pistons

Pauter Rods

Knife balanced crank

Pinned mains

BC 280 cams

BC titanium springs/retainers

Port and Polish

GReddy Header

UR Up + Tial 44mm wastegate

GT4088r (debating on which a/r i want to change this to since its in the closet)

plus all other supporting mods

also tossing the idea of doing 2000/2200cc injectors and E85 for some crazy numbers :)

wow - look forward to seeing the final results! Good luck

Archived