LegacyGT.com

What should installation cost for a remote starter?

I bought a Viper model for my GF last Christmas, it was around $300 installed. Some other places quoted me cheaper, but I have always used this shop for all of my audio installs and they're work is perfect. I've only had one problem and the owner came to me and fixed it.

As for doing it myself, I didn't figure it was worth the hassle.

Also, one warning. Unless some company has stepped up, they don't make an immobilizer bypass for Legacy's, so you'll have to give up a key...

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think DEI has a bypass for the immobilizer...

I wanna do the remote start on my '05 but would have to do an entire alarm install to do so...

You might check with Subaru about a stock remote start. I think I remember seeing it as an option at the shop...

It is an option from them, but it's $350 PLUS install. If you are so inclined, you can install it yourself (looks like a biatch) but you still have to pay your dealership to code the thing...they'll screw you one way or another.

And the range is crap.

Overall, when I looked into it, I was not impressed.

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had mine installed by the dealer electrical guy for $100 cash after hours. He had done it dozens of times on Subarus, and was familiar with the immobilizer bypass and re-coding process. If you get an immobilizer bypass, you will probably need to bring ALL OF YOUR KEYS to the dealer. I am in the process of removing mine and installing a different one. It is doable, but if you even have to ask, then letting a pro do it is a better solution. My installer knew exactly what he was doing. It was therefore just easier to have him do it at the time.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived