LegacyGT.com

Pull to the Right

I have an 05 GT and ever since I got new tires this summer, I am having a pull to the right. We tried swapping tires from side to side and front to back but still the same. Did a 4 wheel alignment and back to factory specs, but the pull is still there. Seems to be worse when I let off the gas and coast versus when under power.

Any ideas on what may be causing this to occur? could it have to do with the wheel bearing recall issue? I was thinking that if the bearing was bad on one side, then it would create more friction on one side causing the car to go to the right. This would be magnified when not under power. 90K miles on the car.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this, work and kids sports have been calling.

I was finally able to get under the car this weekend. when checking out the bushings, I noticed that the steering arm (is this the tie-rod?) was easy to rotate to the extremes. When I moved it up and down, some grease or fluid started to come out. Looks like this is probably the culprit.

How difficult to change these out? Looked fairly straight forward. I will do a search, but have others gone the urethane route?

Thanks again

Yes this a steering bushing an if it is worn and or loose your vehicle will wonder or pull which ever way which ever way with the least resistance. You may want to check all of them. The fact it's torn an leaking tells me it may have been like this and when this happens it applies undue stress on the ball and socket. It may be the problem, could be corected by adjusting alignement to counter still within specs. Just because it's in the green does not mean everything is good, just really close.

Scott

Archived