LegacyGT.com

New logs with STI UP

McDowell Performance Tunin

I finally had time to install my sti up this weekend (sucked balls) and ran a few logs using the stage 2 map I was using before the install. Here are two WOT 3rd gear pulls (accidently logged target boost) with an after learning view. The car seems to spool up faster and I have not heard or found any indication of leaks, thus far. (My old gaskets looked great so I used the copper silicone gasket paste as a safety precation. Let me know if you see anything odd in the logs. The knock sum amount was from low load first gear and reverse driving, none of them occured while driving past 5 MPH. Any input is always appreciated. I would like to get a bit more power, but I can feel my tq comes sooner and feels a bit more linear than before :).

romraiderlog_20091116_143453.csv

romraiderlog_20091116_142959.csv

922531881_LearningView_SS_11-16-200933849PM.jpg.9752229062a43e50cff7e0f6c6989d4a.jpg

The timing doesn't look right.

If you can run 14.5 degrees of timing at 3000 rpm and 14 psi, then you should certainly be able to run at least the same timing at 4800 rpm and 14.5 psi.

I know that you had some issues with knock before but I think you're running too little timing at this point. Your lowest timing should be at about 3000 rpm. Then it will be fairly flat but slowly rise and then when you max out your ve, it will rise steeper.

Thanks Mickeyd,

I changed my timing and wastegate to your original stage two settings, less 20 degrees for all wastgagte numbers. I ran a few logs and was getting knock at the 3K RPM and 2.2 engine load, so I adjusted that, then added 10 degrees of WGDC, had a bit of knock in the same spot, so I pulled a bit more timing. None of the knocks were showing up on my learning view. I'll add another 10 degrees of WGDC again if things continue to look good and go from there. Thanks again for all the help.

Archived