LegacyGT.com

Oil Disposal

I'd hope your oil-burner would burn the oil, and vent the exhaust OUTSIDE the house (there's usually an air-to-air heat exchange involved to heat the air inside... at least that's how my home oil-furnace works!)

Don't know how long it will last in a garage... my house (well insulated, 1800sq ft) runs through about 700 gal/year, if that helps you at all...

I just flush my oil down the toilet! :lol:

Nah, but seriously, I take the used oil from my oil changes and recycle it by giving to my dad so he can use the oil to heat up his shop.

I am no green peace nutjob, but I do believe in recycling. I hate waste! Plus it is expensive!

Anyone know how long 2 gallons of oil will heat a 400 square foot insulated garage when using an efficient oil burner? :)

Maybe I can convince my local Pepboys to give me loads of leftover oil for free....of course, do I really want to burn conventional oil in my house?

I've actually been considering this as well. Simply because I have a decent sized detached garage, with a chimney which originally had a wood stove.

I found this site (http://inov8-intl.com/waste-oil-furnaces.htm), and have contacted them about the mentioned "F-125", but the amount of money they want for one is incredible. I don't change that much oil to even get that thing to run for a couple hours. :lol:

I have a 6 gal labeled plastic gas container I use only for waste oil and when its full I take to my folks local town dump that takes waste oil and burns it to heat their facility there. It works out real well.

Archived