LegacyGT.com

HOLD off on progress sway bar purchase!!

Jaxx

so who ever designed the progress rear sway bar didn't actually test it

great eh

basically they welded the bracket on the wrong side of the bar

this adds another 7/8 worth of material above the endlink placing it in the path of the control arm .. but not until the top of the suspension travel. since you use more of the top its magnified with lowering springs

picture 1 the problem (mark on control arm)

picture 2 the solution (or get adjustable length end links)

one.jpg.92f0c4057a23ae2cc9cd7fe601d24be5.jpg

three.JPG.167ade4ffd7767df90094eba7e282723.JPG

one more picture

highlighted in red the portion that progress added to make the bar adjustable.. and the part that s hitting the control arm

i supose i coudl fix it with a sawsall :rolleyes:

four.jpg.e03cfc82ec9b4d4df7af64ac2241004b.jpg

Oh, that's nice. You sending it back to them and getting something else I take it? I would.

Reminds me, should pull my Perrin one out of the box one of these days. Been sitting in the garage over a week.

I try to find stuff that the JDM market already had been selling in the past 2 years (as the BL/BP have been out there for over a year than the US) so within a 12-month time, the JDM market fix and trouble shoot a lot of stuff.. less trouble, but again, gotta fork over more cash for it. I'll pay for the trouble-free.

Keefe

Keefe

I was looking at one of these bars - can't beat the price and the one on my WRX wagon has been solid.....

So, Jaxx, is the fix to get the adjustable rear links and adjust them to a very short setting? Will that completely alleviate the problem, or will it be an issue again when I lower the car even with the adjustable links?

Thanks,

Dutch

dunno sounds like the avo rear links are 3/4 of an inch sorter which might do the trick .. hopefully there is room under the sway for the shorter endlinks

poltecs shoudl be here today or tommarow

-j

Archived