LegacyGT.com

If you find install info for aftermarket seats please post it here.

Drew888

I have followed all seat install posts and those that have installed them are putting up with the airbag light and no one has yet been able to determine difinatively if the other airbags will still work.

I love my car but cannot stand the lack of support and I'm looking at something like the Sparco Milano 2's or anything else that will look good in an 08 Spec-B.

If anyone has discovered anything worth sharing please let us know!

Thanks.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Drew_Jones/193.jpg[/img]"]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/Drew_Jones/193.jpg

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

yeah have you ever looked at the airbag system? I did, good luck. My 05 was retarded. there were 4 wires from the airbag sys on the seat. I could put 80lbs on the seat to make the light turn on, then take it off, the light would shut off. i had my multimeter in each wire, and none of the values changed at all. Made no sense. Plus its a huge liability, If you were to get in an accident and the bags didnt deploy, good luck trying to get anything from your car insurance

Give it time. It's only a matter of time before the aftermarket starts releasing SRS compatible seats.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...
I've had my Recaro in and out of my car a couple times. It's back in today, and the airbag light came on. I tried putting the 3.3K ohm resistor in the seat airbag plug, but the light still taunts me. I'd feel safer if I knew the front and side curtain airbags would do their job. I assumed the reason for the resistor was to trick the car that the seat airbag was still in place. Is that why we plug in the resistor, or is there another reason? We also lose the seat position sensor, and I wonder if the steering wheel bag will go off with a failsafe level. Anyone come up with a solution yet?

I've had my Recaro in and out of my car a couple times. It's back in today, and the airbag light came on. I tried putting the 3.3K ohm resistor in the seat airbag plug, but the light still taunts me. I'd feel safer if I knew the front and side curtain airbags would do their job. I assumed the reason for the resistor was to trick the car that the seat airbag was still in place. Is that why we plug in the resistor, or is there another reason? We also lose the seat position sensor, and I wonder if the steering wheel bag will go off with a failsafe level. Anyone come up with a solution yet?

What year is your car?

I was able to pull the passenger detection system out of my passenger seat and move that to my JDM STi Recaro so there is no resistor needed and the side impact airbags in the seats work. Of course you would need to use a resistor for the drivers seat still. My understanding is that all other airbags should function, given the resistor is keeping the airbag light from coming on.

What year is your car?

I was able to pull the passenger detection system out of my passenger seat and move that to my JDM STi Recaro so there is no resistor needed and the side impact airbags in the seats work. Of course you would need to use a resistor for the drivers seat still. My understanding is that all other airbags should function, given the resistor is keeping the airbag light from coming on.

I pulled the OEM seat out of the attic and put my Fluke to it. The plug that needs the 3.3K ohm resistor is for the seat position sensor. The airbag resistance measured 3 ohms, but the longer I kept it connected, the higher the resistance became. It settled down around 200 ohms. I am going to Fry's and buy some more resistors. I will try 3 ohms to start, and I will see what else they have on the shelf. 3300 is way too high for the seat airbag, and it doesn't surprise me that the light is still on.

Archived