LegacyGT.com

new STi pedal set

naimouasta

just saw these new style STi pedals. the description says, "2010 Impreza STi pedal set". previously you were unable to buy the aluminum pedal set for the 07-09 legacy's because of the "plastic" gas pedal assembly. assuming that 08-10 impreza's are the same, they would also have this new style "plastic" gas pedal, therefore these should fit the 07-09 legacy's?

2010-subaru-legacy-pedal-kit-sti-wrx-rally.jpg

do you have the pink sti pedals? or do you have the regular aluminum pedals? i think the pink ones you screw on. the regular aluminum pedals (which i wanted), are actual pedals, where you had to knock out the pin for the gas pedal. i did this for my brothers 2.5RS which was simple, but is not possible for the new style "plastic" gas pedal. what i'm wondering is how these new type pedals are installed.

I have the Aluminum STi pedals.

My wife has the car now. Once shes home I will snap a pic.

I had to get down under the dash (with my cordless drill) and use a shortened drill bit to get in the tight fit. Then I had to drill through the plastic pedal (just below the existing pin as I remember). Then I installed the STi pedal using my holes to insert the new pin through.

I can't remember all the exacts. I remember being PISSED when I realized the plastic gas pedal was not coming out. When I take the pic I will verify my drilling location and pin location. It was a bitch. But where theres a will, theres a way. Its been in for about 20000 miles with no issues.

• 1 month later...
So did anyone ever confirm if these 2010 pedals do fit the 05-06s and/or the 07-09s? My 2006 Legacy GT wagon appears to have a plastic gas pedal. I'm still confused on what the difference was between the 05-06s and 07-09s. Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
These are cheaper and have an option for a rubber/plastic pedal.

http://www.fastwrx.com/bialpeset.html

Would they work in our cars with the optional STI metal pedals? My metal pedals are showing some wear and I'm looking for something a bit more grippier.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Would they work in our cars with the optional STI metal pedals? My metal pedals are showing some wear and I'm looking for something a bit more grippier.

Not sure. Shoot Dan @ Mach V a PM and see what he has to say. He's the one who gave me a heads up on these as an option for the plastic pedal cars.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/2010-jdm-sti-pedals-set-installed-63817/

^ My install on my '05 LGT (5MT) is a bit different.

The clutch and brake pedals were easy, but the gas pedal did require a bit of jury-rigging.

Instead of doing what the above reference thread's author did, I simply clipped the top over the factory plastic gas pedal, and then used a Dremel to cut/shave the areas of the factory plastic pedal to accommodate where the two "side wings" that make up the support struts for the central pin needed to go. Without relieving this area, the factory pedal proved too wide, causing the struts to displace too far apart (and thus also at an angle), which made it impossible for the central pin to span the two sides. Modified, the gas-pedal pedal-cover fits like the proverbial glove, and I didn't even need to remove the pedal assembly from the car. The pedal, of course, rotates about the pin as it needs to, and WOT travel is uninhibited. Note: I did not use the "collar" (part no. 12).

All in all, it was a 15-minute job. :)

No, I didn't get the dead-pedal (I got this 3-pedal kit, new, from Crawford's "Garage Sale," for a blistering $85 or so, including shipping! :D), and am happy to keep my old Razo piece, which matches decently well.

I haven't driven with the new pedals, yet - but even playing around in the garage afterwards, it's clear that it's going to take me a bit of time to get used to the new set, after having spent the last 16 (I kid you not, that's sixteen - as in I carried my old Razo set from one car to the next, since 1994) years with my previous set...... :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As long as your BL/BP ('05-'09) has a plastic gas pedal, it's an easy modification.

A metal pedal will require more modification, but I'm pretty confident that if I were presented with that problem, I could still pretty easily make it fit.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As long as your BL/BP ('05-'09) has a plastic gas pedal, it's an easy modification.

A metal pedal will require more modification, but I'm pretty confident that if I were presented with that problem, I could still pretty easily make it fit.

Plastic, FTW!

Now there's a phrase you don't hear every day...

• 1 month later...
I installed my STi A/T pedal set today on my 2006 Legacy GT using the recommendations provided by TSi+WRX. For the '05-06 models, you definitely need to notch and grind down the gas pedal in order for the "side wings" of the gas pedal cover to fit. It took a little bit of time and a lot of patience, but I got everything to fit okay after several test fittings. I was able to use the collar (part #12), but I'm not really sure what purpose it serves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived