LegacyGT.com

Tire Bubble Question

spect2k

I hit a nice pothole last year with my all-season tires that I run during the winter. I got a small bubble on the front right tire and the tire shop told me that it needs to be replaced. Since it was the end of the season, I threw my summer set back on. As I am getting ready now to put back on the all-seasons for the cold season, I notice that the bubble on the tire isn't there (the tires aren't mounted on any wheels right now).

Is there a chance that unmounting the tire and remounting it could eliminate that bubble, or is the bubble just not there because it isn't under any load?

Sorry, I feel like this is a newb question and I am clearly grasping at straws, but I was hoping to save the money on a new tire that comes with 11/32" while all the rest are at 7/32". Maybe there is a chance?? Thanks.

That's definitely something to consider. The other tires have 10K miles on them. I wouldn't know how to go about measuring. It would also cost me another $400 or so to replace them all. When I asked the tire shop, all they did was check the life on the other tires and recommended that I get a new one to go with the other 3 since they are not too old.

So as an update - thanks to fonts...

You were right that I need to get the tire shaved down. Unforunately, nobody in my area can do that. I had to return the tire to tirerack and have them shave it down. It hurts even more to order a new tire that is already worn down.

So as an update - thanks to fonts...

You were right that I need to get the tire shaved down. Unforunately, nobody in my area can do that. I had to return the tire to tirerack and have them shave it down. It hurts even more to order a new tire that is already worn down.

Glad to hear that you got the info. before causing any damage.

Yes shaving 1 new tire sucks ..... but it's better than replacing all 4. ;)

Tire bubbles are usually the result of a pothole, and not covered under any warranty except road hazard programs.

The OP had just finished posting he replaced the tire and got it shaved, then that guy posts "you should replace the tire" hence my comment

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Tire bubbles are usually the result of a pothole, and not covered under any warranty except road hazard programs.

The OP had just finished posting he replaced the tire and got it shaved, then that guy posts "you should replace the tire" hence my comment

:lol::lol::lol:

No need to justify anything here. I was agreeing with your comment.

Archived