LegacyGT.com

The luck of the Irish finaly comes through!!

Today while I was at work (I work at as a mechanic) I finished up a brake job and was just about to call it a day when a customer stopped me just as I was about to leave. He introduced himself and asked who owned the subaru over in the corner, (2000 RS) I said it was mine and told him I was getting ready to trade it in on an 05 Legacy GT. He replied that I was making a good decision in doing so, so I asked him if he tested one out yet, he said that they are superb. He reached into his pocket as if to give me a tip and I quickly declined (The company frowns on this) he said no its not a tip, I know this policy all to well. He walks with me out to my car and says "If I cant give you a tip I can give you this" and he hands me his buisness card. This gentleman whom I do not even know works for SOA!! He tells me that when I am ready to trade to give him a call and he can give me a good deal. Puzzled, I ask what kind of deal and he continues to tell me that he can get me the car I want at Invoice including options. When I got home, I priced out he car W/ the options I wanted, now before I met this man I was willing to throw an easy 32K W/options. Now with this invoice deal I only have to pay 27 and change!! All I have to do now is save up for the down payment.

[quote name='CombatCQB']wow, that is good luck. Should keep in touch with the guy for any intel on future legacy changes. Maybe a good channel for a free shop manual?[/quote] Speaking of shop manuals (free or otherwise), how freely has SOA been in making those available to the general public? I have one for my Miata that has been invaluable. I've heard some manufacturers don't like to make them available. Any experience on those? If they are available, what do they generally run?

Archived