LegacyGT.com

I'm not sure why this recall says 06 to 09 PZEV vehicles. I have an 05 OB that is PZEV and at 30k miles the cat went bad. It was replaced for free of course but I was always surprised by that. Then I heard about this recall and found that NA Legacies/OBs sold in MA in 05 were PZEV even though they are not labeled as such. So when this recall came out I had the reflash done. One thing that I did notice before the reflash is that after driving hard or for long periods the car smelled hot. Don't know how to explain it but it just smelled funny like hot metal. That has subsided since the reflash so maybe that was the issue.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are two different recalls 05 and 06-10 models.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Hey blackfang do you have any experience diagnosing idle vibrations in gear on the PZEV vehicles? My outback vibrates pretty bad in gear only. Cold weather makes it worse and so does cheap gas. New plugs, wires, filters, clean and new ATF+HP fluid. It seems like it has done it off an on since i bought it a year ago in california. I'm in denver now.

Mike Shaw subaru service writer says its normal/ not as bad as others he has seen?

I had the flash done on my CA 2005 2.5 outback a few months ago.

Any ideas? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly, I am not a technician just a Service Advisor. I have noticed all vehicles to a small extent will vibrate just because of the fact the motor mounts and transmission mounts can't reduce vibration 100%. However, there is a difference of a normal vibration and maybe something that is beyond normal. Have they tried the motor mounts/pitching stopper?
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Hey all - I just had my reflash done a week ago - driving off the dealer's lot, I noticed an increase in immediate power to the pedal - seemed like it was shifting a lot smoother, however, now, a week later, the car shifts terribly between the first few gears in stop and go traffic (I live in the city so no way around this).

anyone else experience lurching / jolting shifts after the "update"? My worry is that it will wreck my already-weak-point-in-the-drive-train-4EAT.......

I also noticed today that my TMPS sensor tripped - funny thing about this is that the weather has been the same temp. in the morning for over a week, and the car has been driven every day, but now the sensors tripped? I know cold weather can set it off, but all winter last year didn't trip them even when it was 16 degrees out...could this be related to the reflash?

All in your head or coincidental.

This reflash will do NOTHING for power or anything else that you can notice. The only side affect per say is the vehicle will run erratic at times for a few minutes afterwards until it relearns everything. Check your tires and tire psi to ensure you do not have a puncture. A drop in temp can cause your tire light to come on because the psi went down.

Had the reflash done 5 days back. Now the car spits fire and hail stones! But overall she is true to form and running fine.

May the flash be with you!

Oh good, I thought it was just my car doing it! :lol:

X

---

Oh good, I thought it was just my car doing it! :lol:

X

I'm able to spin all four tires on dry pavement launching at 5500 rpm. I think the reflash has added about 350hp. Not to mention my shifter suddenly feels like a short throw shifter and I can circle on ramps at 1.1g's.

All this on regular gas getting 29mpg. :)

I'm able to spin all four tires on dry pavement launching at 5500 rpm. I think the reflash has added about 350hp. Not to mention my shifter suddenly feels like a short throw shifter and I can circle on ramps at 1.1g's.

All this on regular gas getting 29mpg. :)

Haha... Yeah. That would be nice.

I just had mine done yesterday and didn't notice any difference at all...

Originally Posted by Jeepis http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

you know, all I mentioned is that it seems more responsive...so I'll chalk it up to being coincidental and/or a combination of the 20 degree drop in temperature but I'm getting the trans. looked at tomorrow morning anyway - it shouldn't feel like i'm getting hit in the back when it downshifts...

Originally Posted by Jeepis http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

you know, all I mentioned is that it seems more responsive...so I'll chalk it up to being coincidental and/or a combination of the 20 degree drop in temperature but I'm getting the trans. looked at tomorrow morning anyway - it shouldn't feel like i'm getting hit in the back when it downshifts...

Hey sorry man, I wasn't trying to be mean, just funny. For what it's worth, the performance in my Legacy doesn't seem to be very consistent. I live in Denver but drive up into the mountains quite often, and sometimes, it feels underpowered and weak, and sometimes, it'll pull hard and I can leave it a gear higher, on the same uphill grades, so who knows. There's a particular uphill that I usually need to downshift to 3rd and run hard at to maintain speed on, but sometimes, it'll pull up in 4th easy. Go figure.

Hey sorry man, I wasn't trying to be mean, just funny. For what it's worth, the performance in my Legacy doesn't seem to be very consistent. I live in Denver but drive up into the mountains quite often, and sometimes, it feels underpowered and weak, and sometimes, it'll pull hard and I can leave it a gear higher, on the same uphill grades, so who knows. There's a particular uphill that I usually need to downshift to 3rd and run hard at to maintain speed on, but sometimes, it'll pull up in 4th easy. Go figure.

it's alright - its the internet, you can never tell how someone means anything...performance in my legacy seems iffy in the winter until it warms up - the transmission is troubling since it is so random in how it performs. I never made it to the dealership yesterday - in Philly today were expecting 12-18" of snow...now if only there was a nice wide open area to ride around in.........................

lol

• 3 weeks later...
My 05 OB threw a cel over the weekend. I took it to the dealer on Saturday and he said both cats were bad. This is the second time the cats have went out. The first was at 30K and now at 85K. We had the reflash done in August, but I guess the damage was already done to them. Will be taking it in Friday to have them replaced.

Archived