LegacyGT.com

Headlight beam pattern?

flander

I had to replace my driver side headlight bulb, after getting a fix-it ticket, :mad: and I noticed the beam pattern seems little strange to me. It's like the driver side is aiming down. The car was parked about 7 feet from the door and the camera was about bulb height. Is the beam pattern correct or am I just going crazy? What does everybody think? I checked the bulb and it's in the socket correctly. Do I need to adjust the drivers side?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_b1dUyb4BLW8/SujPpU6HcUI/AAAAAAAAAgw/_BWLHQm0WLk/s800/beam%20pattern.JPG

Would it be the left side is correct and the right side is up-side down? The right side seems brighter. I haven't checked the right side bulb. I know the left side is in there correctly. I checked it when I took the picture.

No, there are not OEM bulbs. Not sure what brand bulbs there are but they only cost me $10 each. I know they are inexpensive but I had to since I'm broke. I would like to get some HID for it but that's going to be a while. I'll try switching bulbs to see if it is the bulbs thats doing it.

your passenger one is fine. your driver bulb is wrong though. make sure the bulb is a H7 and better yet take it out and take a pic for us. Make sure the bulb is flat as well, some aftermarket makers may not seem to go in more but they do go in more and flatten out. They make the bases to wide sometimes so you'll have to sand the edge of the base a little to get it enough space to push all the way in and go flat. Take pics of the bulb in the headlamp and take a pic of the bulb out.

Archived