LegacyGT.com

Took the LGT to the Drag Strip (1/8 mile)

RPA Performance

I have always been intrigued by the drag strip and finally decided to get up and go today. I made some runs by myself as well as running against a turbocharged Mazda MX6. I was the only import there until the Mazda showed up. The runs were made the 1/8th mile Piedmont Dragway which is at around 880 ft elevation.

I have done some autocross and other similiar events but this was my first time at the drag strip and I felt pretty good as I got more runs in and believe once I improve my launching and driving I can shave off a bit more of my time. Here are the runs

R/T .772

60' 1.939

330 5.609

1/8 8.693

MPH 81.79

------- Legacy ---- ---- MX-6

R/T ---- .785 ---- ----- .646

60' ---- 1.882 ---- ----- 2.106

330 --- 5.632 ---- ----- 5.838

1/8 --- 8.705 ---- ----- 8.794

MPH -- 82.13 ---- ----- 84.31

------- Legacy ---- ---- MX-6

R/T ---- .846 ---- ----- .644

60' ---- 2.084 ---- ----- 2.202

330 --- 5.874 ---- ----- 6.084

1/8 --- 8.953 ---- ----- 8.980

MPH -- 82.46 ---- ----- 87.91

Once I improve my launching and driving I believe I should be able to get to low 8s

Here is a video of the first run where you can hear some of the comments

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5s8iqQ-aHA]YouTube - RPA Performance Legacy GT at Piedmont Dragway First Run Ever[/ame]

The Legacy was built by RPA Performance and tuned by Motion Lab Tuning. It has the following:

RPA Divorced Wategate Downpipe

RPA Mufflers

RPA Short Ram Intake

RPA Electronic Boost Control Solenoid

RPA Front Mount Intercooler Kit

TurboXS Recirc Valve

GTSpec Exhaust Manifold

GTSpec Uppipe

Coolingmist Water Methanol Injetion

Innovate LC-1 Wideband with DB-Blue gauge

07 WRX Clutch and Flywheel

Perrin 25mm Front Sway Bar

Rallitek Front Endlinks

It made 286 hp and 342 ft-lbs on a Dyno Dynamics dyno

The low trap speed was mostly due to me being a novice at drag racing. I had more runs and top trap speed for the day was 84.19 mph. I should be able to do better with more practice and get to 85 mph

Here is another video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qPfHnfygdI]YouTube - RPA Performance Legacy GT vs Turbo Mazda MX6[/ame]

Nice runs. I am an avid dragracer myself and it can be addicting.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 4 months later...

For my third time at the drag strip I went to a quarter mile. This was a few months ago but I didn't update here. The results were pretty good but it was unplanned and they day before we had hooked a water meth and installed a Walbro so it needed retuning.

You will notice I was only hitting 80MPH at the 1/8 compared to 84MPH the first time I went and hitting 85.4MPH the second time at the 1/8. We are planning to retune and optimize some of the stuff and hopefully get close to the 12s. Here is one of the slips I was able to dig up:

R/T --- 0.066

60' ---- 1.861

330 --- 5.556

1/8 ---- 8.613

MPH --- 80.56

1000 -- 11.213

ET -----13.385

MPH ---104.07

Also, talked to the Mazda guy and he was having issues with the distributor being too close to the turbo and heating up. They converter to a Coil on Plug setup and retuned. I know he trapped 123MPH on one of his runs so that car is screaming fast now.

Archived