LegacyGT.com

Flatirons Tuning track day - 11/7 at HPR

rosscarlson

Everyone,

As many of you know I've been quite the track rat this season. I'm signed up for my last event of the season and wanted to see if any of you were interested in making it.

Flatiron Tuning in Boulder is sponsoring a track day on 11/7 at HPR. Mike Pettiford from Go 4 It Racing will be there to provide instruction (I believe you'd have to pay for it) and I'm guessing they'll let some of the more experienced drivers ride around with new people to understand the track.

I've never run with this group so I can't speak to them but from talking with them they seem to know what they are doing. Should be a fun day.

So anyone else in??? Don't make me be the only Legacy out there smoking those STi's!

http://www.flatironstuning.com/p-1363-flatirons-tuning-driving-school-track-day-2009.aspx

-Ross

Thanks Squiden, I appreciate that. You were quite the good student!

Hack4875 - while I haven't driven with this group before from what I understand they'll be running a beginner group and will be doing lead/follow sessions so that newbies can learn the track. You're welcome to ride along with me for a session if you'd like to see the track at speed (assuming they allow that).

Glad you'll be out there Squid, got any pictures/details on your brakes? What pads are you running? Tires?

-Ross

No pictures of the brakes yet - I just got them installed this week thanks to the snow. I'm going to try running on the Michlin Pilot A/S tires at the track, since I haven't picked up a summer set that'll clear the brembos. I haven't had a good chance to test out the brakes yet since I just got them on this week, but they definitely feel stronger than stock. I'm running Axxis Ult brake pads, so I shouldn't have any issues at the track (as long as the tires hold up).

I even got a Cobb rear sway from TP's part-out, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to install it yet (and probably won't before Saturday). I need more time!

See everyone there!

Squid

Squid,

Cool on the brakes and honestly I don't think I'd put that sway on now anyway. The last thing you want to do is change how your car feels right before a track day. Always change one thing at a time so you can no what's up and what you may want to adjust. Also if that sway is adjustable put it on soft at first or you're going to risk some snap oversteer.

Grocery Getter - damn man, you're just missing all the days aren't ya? We missed you guys in Pueblo this time around.

Saltygt - if you'll look at the first post you'll see this thing at the bottom called a link. That will take you to the page for registration that will answer your questions...

See you guys Saturday! Anyone else in other that Squid and I?

-Ross

Sucks...not a good year for the track....Biz = $$$ and have to pay the bills. Have fun guys!

Squid,

Cool on the brakes and honestly I don't think I'd put that sway on now anyway. The last thing you want to do is change how your car feels right before a track day. Always change one thing at a time so you can no what's up and what you may want to adjust. Also if that sway is adjustable put it on soft at first or you're going to risk some snap oversteer.

Grocery Getter - damn man, you're just missing all the days aren't ya? We missed you guys in Pueblo this time around.

Saltygt - if you'll look at the first post you'll see this thing at the bottom called a link. That will take you to the page for registration that will answer your questions...

See you guys Saturday! Anyone else in other that Squid and I?

-Ross

NOOOO!!! :mad:

One of my co-workers is out sick, so now I'm having to fly out to California on Thursday. I won't be flying back until Saturday morning... plane lands at 11:20. That probably gets me out to the track around 1 (assuming DIA can get me out of there in under a hour). So much for a full track day. :p

Squid,

You better ping the guys running it - at most events I do you MUST be at the drivers meeting in the morning or they won't let you drive. Just be sure to clear that up first.

And major bummer dude, I hope work pays you for the day if you can't drive!!!

-Ross

Ug. Sure enough, they won't let me drive since I'll miss the Tech Review in the morning.

Guess I'll have to catch everyone at the start of next season. :icon_sad:

And yes, on the plus side I get paid for the travel on Saturday, so at least it's not a complete loss.

Squid

The only other flights back to Denver Friday night have lay-overs. I've done that before, and by the time I get home, it's usually 2-3am. While I really want to go to the track, I don't think showing up at the track on a couple hours of sleep is the best solution. ;)

I want pictures this time!

it was awesome!! there were like 5 cars that blew up, none of which were tuned by the Boost Creep!!!

I went off track sideways, that was fun. A BMW caught fire in the parking lot. My top speed on the back straight was 121mph, but I never got a good run at it. I always caught up to someone and had to slow down, or my ECU glitched and only made wastegate pressure. The one time I coulda had a good go at it, I spiked 40psi and hit fuel cut.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Yikes!!!

Any of those cars Legacies?? Hope everyone was ok, sounds like it was an adventure!

it was awesome!! there were like 5 cars that blew up, none of which were tuned by the Boost Creep!!!

I went off track sideways, that was fun. A BMW caught fire in the parking lot. My top speed on the back straight was 121mph, but I never got a good run at it. I always caught up to someone and had to slow down, or my ECU glitched and only made wastegate pressure. The one time I coulda had a good go at it, I spiked 40psi and hit fuel cut.

Given I was the only Leggy there no, no Leggies died (mwiener2 you don't call yourself a Leggy, right???)

So yeah, I was pretty disappointed with the Leggy showing but it sure was fun to spank a bunch of STi's! I made a little highlight video that I'll post shortly...

Archived