LegacyGT.com

P0400 solution

one bad bg

so heres the quick rundown. new block in 11/08. cel came on with that dreaded code, shop told me to drive it and let the carbon burn itself out which would work in any other car except subarus, which they didnt know. july 08, drove to fl, blew the headgasket on the way, then drove to itasca for the parade, then back to ohio. the whole time with the cel on, then off, then on, then off with this crappy code. scheduled an app to get the head gasket replaced (warrenty work from the new block) told them the code never went away and that i wanted that fixed too. got the car back about a month ago and so far no cel (and no they didnt take the bulb out or delete the code from my ecm, i checked) they told me they clean my entire egr system while they had my engine out. now ive seen other posts where ppl have dont this but with no results, so if theirs any mechanics on here that can tell me what they did that would be nice. but basically the solution is to take it to a shop and tell them about the code and you want it fixed, youll have to pay though, but if its not fixed they should trouble shoot and fix the problem for free since you already payed to have them fix it. but for me, it got fixed the first time i asked them to, dont know what special thing they did, but now you all know.

• 1 year later...

Do search on EGR.

Sometimes cleaning will clear.

The small tube get's clogged or carbon builds up around the actuator rod.

Keep any solvents away from the rubber diaphragm.

O.

Archived