LegacyGT.com

I take it this is bad.....

Had my CEL come on this morning along with my cruise control and sport lights blinking as if to say you're screwed. (CEL wasn't though) So I had the parts store read the codes and they read as follows: P0700, P0771, P1798, and P1799....... Is it time for a new transmission?

Start with an oil change/flush on the gearbox and see if it helps. Reset the codes and see if it comes back. It can also be a computer hiccup if you don't notice anything at all that seems to be wrong with the gearbox.

And an oil change can of course also give a clue if you check out the old oil and any magnets that catches unwanted items.

Codes in clear:

P0700 Request AT MIL On

P0771 AT Low Clutch Timing Solenoid Valve Circuit Malfunction

P0771 Shift Solenoid E Malfunction

P1798 Gear 1 Engine Breaks

P1799 Interlock

453747.png

Guest PeteAWD
Flush that Trans fluid immediately. Don't forget to have them change the filter behind your battery. Subaru Indemitsu HP fluid ONLY. Believe it or not, this corrects some of the performance issues with the 5 EAT.

if you dont mind, where do you plan to have it flushed and what is the cost (when you find that part out.)

I was quoted like $330 to flush my tranny at the dealer. I've put it off because its so high.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived